hf1

is she teething?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

is she teething?

Postby Sally » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Honey is dribbly, eating her hands and me!
she seems to young to be teething but she has also been quite grumpy not settling with a feed when usually she would? I t
i'm not sure whether to try bonjela?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: is she teething?

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:13 pm

pippa started teething at 8 weeks but only got her 1st tooth today at 10 months, if you think she is teething a bit of baby bonjela (for teething not the adult stuff for mouth ulcers) won't do her any harm and you'll know quite quickly if it is because she's teething
xx

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi My DD stared teething at around 3 or 4 months too and now she has 4 teeth at 7months. Every child is different but DD did exactly the same, Loved eating my fingers and for a while it was the only thing that would put her to sleep but thankfully they came through quickly :wine: Hope they come through quickly for you too

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Nathan started doing this at about 11 weeks and we got our first tooth at 20 weeks and he now has 8 so it varies hugely from baby to baby!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:58 pm

wow! my other 2 didn't get teeth till 8 months! i don't want her to get teeth want her to be small and cute forever!
have tried bonjela she seems happier and is :bf: quite happily now!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:34 pm

My girl is the same, she is 8 weeks tomo, i've heard from somewhere very briefly that they actually have some development of the saliva glands or whatever they are actually called at this point, which explains the excess dribble and is often confused with teething, cant remember where i heard it or if it's right but it makes sense that there's no teeth yet (or signs of), and of course the other factor is that every child is different and will develop at different rates

Just read your bit about the feeding, does she scream and become really grumpy when she has finished feeding? mine pulls herself off the breast when she seems really full and then screams so loud as if she just wishes she wasnt stuffed, i then try her again and she does the same because she is obviously too full but still wants to feed, maybe its comfort. I'm not going to try bonjela yet as i dont think she needs it, she does suck her hands a lot more but i thought she had just found them!

Return to Baby and Toddler