bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: carseats (confused & need help!)

Postby bryc1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:10 am

bryc1 wrote:
fluffycabbage wrote:Got this from the AA site:

'Buckle crunch'
If the seat belt buckle lies across the frame of the child seat it will prevent it from being tightened and risks the buckle breaking or opening in a crash. Only seat belt webbing should be in contact with the frame of the child seat.
An 'alternative belt route' can help you to avoid buckle crunch as, sometimes, can moving the child seat to a different location in the car.

:shock: Now we already have the seatbelt on the alternative route, so surely its not safe :-? The buckle is touching the base. Every carseat has been the same.........

Unfortunatly that is right, we had similar problems with our old lantra as the buckles were too long. If your independant store doesn't do fitting try mothercare as I fond them to be pretty helpful unlike glasgow pram centre and toysrus who were usless.

ETA toysrs had said it was safe for plastic clips to touch if flat but halfords and mothercare stated the same as AA.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:37 pm

the independent shop we went to fitted it for us then and there for free so it's worth asking.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

i'll take a photo later and show you - im not even sure if ANY carseat should be in that car :-? :roll:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler