hf1

face against moses basket habit

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

face against moses basket habit

Postby smilinglou » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:55 pm

My daughter has terrified me by pushing herself up with her legs to the top of the moses basket and sleeping with her face against the side :shock: , not a nice way to find her, she was fine and did it a couple of times after but I'm not sure if I should worry or not (that might sound mad) but I can hear her breathing normally and she's sleeping there fine as if it's the most comfortable thing in the world, but again I don't want to risk it, she still fits the basket fine, she's 8 weeks and has started using her legs to push about a bit and almost rolls from belly to back by pushing one foot against something sometimes (although she doesn't roll from back to side or anything like that yet), so I'm thinking is it time to put her in the the crib we have and just save the basket for day time downstairs, anyone else experienced this?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: face against moses basket habit

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:16 pm

:hug: They do like to scare us don't they. Can't really offer any advice sorry as ours have all been in cots in their own rooms at that age!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:51 pm

yep,it's horrible, i think she's ok, her nose cant squash completely so she cant breath, she didnt do it last night as far as i saw, i want to keep her in our room for the 6 months like recommended, also im :bf: may try the crib we have

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:53 pm

smilinglou wrote: so I'm thinking is it time to put her in the the crib we have and just save the basket for day time downstairs, anyone else experienced this?

I would agree with this...
Grace has been very mobile from very early on but we used a crib upstairs from the start anyway and only used the moses basket or pram downstairs...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

It can be such a worry but really I think that if they are mobile enough to get themselves into these positions, as long as there isn't something preventing it, they can usually get themselves out of it if they needed to - what I am trying to say is that as long as she doesn't get stuck somehow, I am sure she will be fine. Although she might enjoy the freedom of a larger cot.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree with Annette on what she said about getting them out of situations they got themselves into.
I was :bf: as well but just went in to their rooms and sat in the rocker, nap times we always upstairs as well unless I found them passed out on a play mat or something :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 am

Just realised last night I lied :oops: The only one I was getting up to :bf: was Kieran, the other 2 were sleeping through by that point, sorry for my fibs!!!!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm

forgot all about this!
she still does this but very rarely now, but shes still in the baskets, very strange but im not so worried now as she can still breath, thanks for the responses :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler