HELP! Colic?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

HELP! Colic?

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi All,

Tonight has been so awful. Rory has screamed constantly since 5:30pm. He's now had a feed and is asleep, but I just don't know what could've been wrong with him! It's so worrying as I never had Ethan cry like this, and I believe crying like that is no good for them. I held him for most of the time he cried, so as he knew someone was there, but there was times when I just had to put him down as I just couldn't comfort him no matter what I did and Ethan needed to be sorted out too. He's constipated but wasn't trying to go so I don't think it was that. He wasn't windy, and had had a feed at 4pm so wasn't hungry. He was rooting, but I think that it was for something to comfort suck as during times when he was calm he wouldn't root at all.

What could have caused this? He's sleeping in the sling on my chest right now thankfully. Poor Ethan is so upset by it all too. :(

Sarah
x

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: HELP! Colic?

Postby twinkletot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Could the constipation be causing him tummy ache?

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: HELP! Colic?

Postby nabroc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Eoin used to be like this alot when he was younger and I was advised to 'cycle' his legs whilst he was lying down, this did calm him, however never enough for him to drop off, just was a welcome break from the screaming. :hug: :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler