78%

Total votes : 49
My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Did/do you co-sleep?

Postby lilylover » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:54 am

Just thought this might be interesting. Did you or do you co-sleep with your newborn? We co-slept with Lil until she was around eight weeks then she moved into her own bed in her room. I have to say I loved it but I did like having the bed all to ourselves again too :D .

Sam...

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:56 pm

I voted yes as we did occasionally just to get some sleep with Georgia. Though Ella and Sophie never came into our bed. Georgia always had a feed then rolled over to cuddle into her Daddy :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:40 pm

I put yes but it was only when Louis was a nb and I'd fall asleep feeding him! Did it more with Josh but my sleep is too precious now!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:56 pm

I voted yes, every morning when Phebie wakes for her 5am feed she stays in bed with us til she wakes at about 8. Trying to get her out of it though becuase she will sleep for longer in her own room.

BECK : )

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:47 am

I voted yes, we still co sleep - have done since Matthew was a couple of months old I think. I wasn't too keen at the start (but I was completely exhausted) but I'm really glad we are now. Night feeding is so easy, I get a reasonable amount of sleep and tbh I love waking up and seeing his cute little face first thing in the morning!
(Now, when he wakes me up in the morning by grabbing my nose...that's not so pleasant :roll: )

Joanne

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:53 am

I voted no, although when Charlotte was first born, she slept in a crib next to me and when I fed in the night, I often fell asleep with her lying between me and Mark but then I would put her back in the crib.

We moved Charlotte out of our room at about 8 weeks as she was such a noisy sleeper :lol: and we found it much better, soon after she started to sleep through a straight 12 hours so I have no regrets about it and she loves her cot and her room.

Must say I like our privacy too :oops:

Annette

My avatar
karen71
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Did/do you co-sleep?

Postby karen71 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:20 pm

I voted yes - its not unusual to find at least one of the children in with me. I only do :bf: lying down at night - I lik my sleep too much to be sat upright then re-settling a baby. So if Elizabeth wakes in the night (very rarely) I just pop her in to bed with me to feed & I go back to sleep. I also do this for her first feed of the morning. I do find myself looking at her when I go to bed and thinking I hope she wakes in the night so she come in with me for a cuddle :oops:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:29 am

I voted no, all of the kids were with us in their crib as new borns but they never slept in our bed. After the early morning feed at about 6am I would let them drift of to sleep on my chest but we have never had them sleep all night with us. Much as I love my children I can imagine having a child sleeping in the bed with you all the time impeeds on your love life (not that ours is up to much :oops: ) and we do like to chat and muck about in bed. Having said that Anna came through at 7am and jumped in beside us for a cuddle. x

My avatar
Fluffy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fluffy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:28 pm

We co-slept with DS1 once he came home from hospital, until he was about 18 months old. Then he went into a toddler bed in his own room, as he was nightweaned then.

DS2 still sleeps in my bed at 15 months, and still has one or two feeds a night. Has done since day 1.

I have to say though, I have a bedside cot pushed up to my side of the bed, on the same level, and my babies sleep in there, and I just roll over and latch them on....or they sleep in the middle between me and DH and I sleep in the cot lol

I have to say our love life has certainly not suffered due to co-sleeping!!!

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler