78%

Total votes : 49
My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Did/do you co-sleep?

Postby PoshMama » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:56 pm

but when done properly it is safe, I stand behind that. Lots of things are unsafe when not done right

Cots are not always safe either, people forget this when talking about the "risks" in co-sleeping.

I feel pretty strongly about the subject as I know my DD has stopped breathing more than once and I was right there when it happened, had I been down the hall with a monitor on I may not have caught it :(

I think it's sad that mothers doubt themselves these days, they doubt they can feed their babies themselves, doubt they can sleep with their babies. Mothers are told we NEED bottles, we NEED cots, we NEED prams etc. None of these things are needs, babies only need love, heck not even all babies in the world wear nappies!

I'll get off my soapbox :giggle: I just think women need to know how wonderful we've been built to create and nourish our babies all by ourselves without the help of anyone else!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:49 pm

I voted no, I have quite vivid dreams and often lash out in my sleep :oops: poor OH wakes up in bruises sometimes and I just would never ever forgive myself if I hurt my LO's, so i have never co-slept, and I doubt I ever will. That said, Isaac is right next to my bed in a moses basket, which he is fast outgrowing :( I will move him into his cot in his own room soon, but at the moment we are both quite happy were we are...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Yes :)

With DD we co-slept a fair amount of the time but we deffinatly co-sleep more with DS, i breastfed for longer and i think that deffinatly contributed but even though we arnt breastfeeding anymore we still co-sleep most nights...he goes down to sleep at 7.30pm in his crib in our room and comes in to bed with us between 11am and 1am :) I love it :giggle:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:42 pm

No room sharing or bed sharing is just not for me at all. Other than the week we stayed at my Mum's when Findlay first came out of hospital at just over 2 weeks old (when he slept in his carrycot in our room as there wasn't a spare room) he has been in his own cot in his own room since he came home. If he had been born up here he would have been in his room from day 1. When he did share a room with us at my Mum's I couldn't sleep as he makes weird noises in his sleep and I don't like sharing a room.

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote:No room sharing or bed sharing is just not for me at all. Other than the week we stayed at my Mum's when Findlay first came out of hospital at just over 2 weeks old (when he slept in his carrycot in our room as there wasn't a spare room) he has been in his own cot in his own room since he came home. If he had been born up here he would have been in his room from day 1. When he did share a room with us at my Mum's I couldn't sleep as he makes weird noises in his sleep and I don't like sharing a room.

with a prem baby you didnt want him in your room as the doctors advise????

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote: When he did share a room with us at my Mum's I couldn't sleep as he makes weird noises in his sleep and I don't like sharing a room.

i had same with my eldest...every tiny noise he made woke me...it was a disater! thankfully he slept thru very early so i popped him straight in his own room then :)
with my second tho, he styed in my room for ages, cos he woke in the night to feed alot and i found it easier...the noises he made (or perhaps he was quieter?) didn't seem to bother me

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Atm Nathan ( 10 weeks) is in Moses basket next to the bed. I bring him in bed to feed and once DH has gone to work I bring him in bed with me. Unfortunately DH is a smoker ( keeps promising to give up!) so I won't let him have Nathan in bed with both of us!

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:09 am

Ryders co slept from birth, he has a cot, but hes never slept in it!!! lol we co sleep when where in hospital too and i refuse to be swayed!
we often wake up with all 3 squashed in with us, Logan co slept a lot, used to wake in the night then in with us. Ayesha was a great sleeper but used to get in early morning. Ryders only ever been in our bed. i love waking up so see my gorgeous babies snuggled up next to me, its th best feeling ever! Ryder still nurses very frequently through the night too so its helpful with that too. xx

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 pm

We co-sleep quite often, he usually goes to sleep in his cot but ends up in bed with us during the night when I'm too lazy to walk the one step to put him back after a night feed.

They don't have cots where dh comes from so always co-sleep there, having babies sleep in a separate bed is quite alien to him, let alone sleep in another room. He was fascinated when I bought the moses basket as had never seen such a thing!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler