hf1

quick question

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: quick question

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Isabelle found the cheap potty extremely uncomfortable so we bought a bigger one with wider sides (bits you sit on if that makes sense) from boots for about £4...

BUT we mainly only used the potty for her bedroom and downstairs, we got an ultra cheapo padded loo seat thingy from somewhere like wilkinsons and that's doing a sterling job :wine: We also have a small step from Ikea ;)

I also let Isabelle choose (well only the colour really) but like you say he's a bit young for that... ;)

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Cheers Steph. i did giggle to myself as I am so bad at buying anything these days (never used to be like this) and thought a potty would be simple.

I do feel like I have an awful lot to learn :shock: :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 pm

We've had a couple of different cheap potties, one has a ridge sort of top and they don't like sitting on that one very much, another has flatter edges and they prefer that one. Definitly worth looking at, I wouldn't personally more than about £4 though, can't see what extra they potty can give after that point!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Woozle35 wrote:Cheers Steph. i did giggle to myself as I am so bad at buying anything these days (never used to be like this) and thought a potty would be simple.

I do feel like I have an awful lot to learn :shock: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: To be honest I would leave it for now - I didn't buy a potty until Isabelle was ready - so after her 2nd birthday!
Just don't sweat it - there's more to life than worrying about a potty ;)

All kids are different though so go with your instincts really - some kids are fine on cheapo pottys, and Isabelle was perfectly happy to use them at nursery but not at home she preferred the more comfy one... Even then it was still pretty basic though!

It can be hard knowing when to get the 'researched' stuff that looks like it's been designed - over the basic 'does the job' stuff and when you don't need all the mod cons and can just use the basic one...

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Velvetsteph wrote: :giggle: :giggle: To be honest I would leave it for now - I didn't buy a potty until Isabelle was ready - so after her 2nd birthday!
Just don't sweat it - there's more to life than worrying about a potty ;)

Oh I know there is :giggle: Just amaze myself how indecisive I am these days. MY GOD I think I may be turnin into my Mum :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Woozle35 wrote: MY GOD I think I may be turnin into my Mum :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 am

A nice padded loo seat is definately worth the money, I bought a cheap plastic one at first and Charlotte didn't like it. As Louise said she just used the toilet mainly but we have a downstairs loo so it was easy. We do find having a potty in her room for nighttime is useful though so she doesn't have to find the toilet in the dark.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler