hf1

Milk allergy and Insomnia?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Milk allergy and Insomnia?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am

fluffycabbage wrote:certainly worth trying hun, cant hurt at all. when does he have it though? Ive never given cows milk before a year old.

Well he has it on cereal and in cooking and also has been having the occasional milk drink out of a cup too, Megan was completly on cows milk by 10-11 months old and never had a problem at all.

Thanks all, i just wasnt sure if i was completly loosing the plot through sleep depraivation and seeing things that warnt really there IYKWIM? :oops:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 am

oh right ok no probs. awww bless ya hun, must be soooo hard. :hug: u gonna start today then? x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 am

fluffycabbage wrote:certainly worth trying hun, cant hurt at all. when does he have it though?

Formula is made from cows milk hun. :wink: And it's in a lot of food you wouldn't even think about including some biscuits and cakes.

Hope that cutting out all dairy does the trick for you. I really don't know how you manage on such little sleep. :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 am

oh yeah i know that louise - i had to change onto soya with jaden, poor lad. just wondered if tory meant keiran has actual cows milk, or something with cows milk in (formula etc), iykwim. luckily he was intolerant to lactose and not allergic to milk protein.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 am

fluffycabbage wrote:: u gonna start today then? x

Well its hard to start right now as I dont have anything 'special' in...I have been alot more aware of his dairy intake tho today already...hubby is on route to sainburys at lunch time to get some supplies (suitable cheese, yoghurts and some sort of milk) Not sure what to do regarding his formula tho as Louise pointed out obviously its based on cows milk but like people have pointed out in this thread already that swapping to a soy based formula might not help...Im going to get a gp appt tomorow (hubby is off and so can come with me)...

Louise, im starting to get desperate i tell yah :-? It comes to something when i think 4 hours is a decent night :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 am

megansmummy wrote:
fluffycabbage wrote:: u gonna start today then? x

Louise, im starting to get desperate i tell yah :-? It comes to something when i think 4 hours is a decent night :(

:hug: :hug: Really hope you get the help you need from the GP. :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 am

I spoke to the dietician about this for you while I was there today. I'll pm you my number give me a call...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 pm

How's this going so far - I know it's only early days but how are you finding it?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Hya Steph, im finding it easier than i thought I would tbh...He slept like crap last night tho but that was only his first full 24 hours of being cows milk free...

The HV has just raised my blood pressure tho...she rang to see how we were 'getting on' (overdue phone that I was told I would get about 4 months ago) and i explained what I had done...she was really unsupportive and almost sounded like i was loosing the plot. She said what I ought to have tried first was not feeding him at night and only offering him water...and that failing that my real only option was probably CIO :x

I have tried offering him water only and I think at almost 10 months old if that was going to work then it would have done so already (have tried and tried with that malarky). And Even when i told her that I didnt want to CIO she said 'well to be honist there is no magic cure...i think letting him cry it out would be best...they dont really cry...it just a protest'.
To be honist im really mad at the moment...even if thats what she truely believes (which is fine...each ot their own) I said it wasnt something that I wanted to try and she just kept pushing... :(

Im going to keep going...only thing is that today he hasnt poo'd and normaly he would have done about 4 by now :-? Im guessing its the soya formula? He doesnt seem uncomfortable and he has had an extra dose of fruit so hopefully it will help things along...

Thanks for asking hun :hug:

ETA...do you have any good links for making sure that they get enough calcium and stuff? thats what i wanted to ask the HV but i think it will be easier to find out myself...

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler