hf1

Installing Isofix mountings

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Installing Isofix mountings

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 pm

well my middle seats slide back and forward to allow for the back seats to fold up or down, they are just on a rail thing i think. but i can only speak for my car. i think maybe in normal cars they are built in. saying that my bc mate had to cut the seats of her mondeo to find the isofix points. wierd eh?

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:46 pm

TBh I thought the same until I came across this post as our car is non-Isofix, It was more something to consider in the future as we've just bought the Izi combi Non-isofix but the Isofix one would be a lot easier to move between our car and my Dad's who does have Isofix :wink:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:49 pm

How much were you going to pay for a besafe? If its around £350 you could get 2 x britax multitech which last from 9months to 6 years for £170odd each direct through volvo :wink:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:49 pm

I guess in cars with removable seats it might be possible if the seats from a later model fit your car :-? but otherwise if they are part of the seat I don't see how they would do it.

Your best bet is to contact a dealer for your car and ask them

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:51 pm

mine aren't removeable per se, they could be taken out and changed though so i'm told. but i am sure they are fixed to the seat, and it a standard car are they not built into the actual car? welding them in would be a very freaky and rather unsafe option surely?

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:28 pm

We've already bought the Izi combi, was £250 which I don't think is too bad for something that will do Grace until 4 (she's 10 months at the mo) We tried the Britax one but it wasn't as sturdy a fit in our car and was far too upright due to the slope on our seats :roll:

Fitting Isofix was just something to consider and we're considering getting a second car for when I go back to work. I agree, not too keen on the idea of welding something in, think a seatbelt would work out safer, I didn't think of how Isofix would actually be installed! :oops:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 pm

my seats are removable and I have isofix so they are definately not welded to the car ;)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:02 pm

hmmmm i know if i put a bench seat from a 53 or 54 plate zafira in my one i can have isofix. but i've no idea on standard cars hanna. i guess it's whether new seats fit, stuff like that.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler