no cry sleep solution some success ;)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

no cry sleep solution some success ;)

Postby littlesez » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:44 am

well im sure everyone is sick of my sleep related posts :roll: but i am cracking up :cry: so quick summary

Izzy has reverted back to a newborn baby :hohoho: she is in our bed because its the only way she will sleep. Sometimes she will go down in her cot but always ends up in with us. Now i wouldnt mind this but she wakes up upto once an hour to :bf: I cannot carry on like this :( I have found a quick solution which is to sleep on the couch :( but obviously i cant do that its ridiculous :evil:

So what i would really liek it some advice from anyone who has read no cry sleep solution please.I am trying to read it and am overwhelmed :cry: I cannot get my head round it. There is so much advice and it all sounds good but my head is up my arse

has anyone read it who could possibly give advice sorry my post isnt very specific more of a waffle but cannot think straight
Last edited by littlesez on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: no cry sleep solution

Postby lazylexis » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:43 am

:hug: this week i've not even tried to get nathan in his cot and his sleep sounds like izzy's atm! No helpful advice sorry but wanted to say i've read the book but felt the same way as you and not put any of it into practice yet so will be watching this thread!

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:10 am

i have this book, never tried it sorry as was reading from curiosity but tbh there didn't seem to be anything in it i didn't already know. pm me if you would like to borrow it (i keep it in my info box for parents)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 am

Just thought i'd share our recent co sleeping,frequent breast feeding experiences.
A few weeks ago nathan wanted to feed back to sleep whenever he woke up which is still every 1 to 3 hours.it's slow progress but i can usually settle him once or twice now without.
To start with i'd try settling him without bf for a minute or 2,if he got too wound up i'd feed him.now he sometimes settles with a minute or less of protests with either me holding and tickling his hand or rubbing his back gently but vigorously enough for his head to wobble slightly.i have never tried to settle him yet for longer than about 5 mins or so.if he cries for that long i tend to feed him.i know 5 mins isn't very long!
We've had some success in that,as i said he will settle back to sleep with hand holding or back rubbing now within a minute or so a couple of times a night which is better than it was.last night he fed to sleep at 9,woke at 12.30 and fed,woke at 2.30 and fed,settled with hand hold at 4.30, fed at 6 and has just settled with a back rub now.so not too bad for us.we've just stuck with it and gone slowly but i think maybe i'm just a softie!
Sorry for the waffly post on my phone!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 pm

last night i got out of bed at half 1 because she :bf: at 7,8,11,12,1.30 so i said to hubby im sleeping on couch! she woke 3 or 4 times but hubby settled her in seconds :shock: go rob! dont know what to do tonight or tomorrow as hes working late :(

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 pm

When I was trying to ween Ben off feeding all night I used to put on my big thick dressing gown in an attempt to make sure he couldn't smell my milk - that is probably why Rob manages it better than you, she knows she is not going to get anything from him!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:30 pm

I've read the book, but have beenrubbish at following it and I'm sure one of the things she says is that you have to follow it consistently (like everythng I guess).
Some of the key things that I remember are keep a sleep log, so when theywoke, how long for, how you got them back to sleep. Do this at the start and then repeat at intervals, but not every night.
If you're feeding to sleep don't wait for them to be one percent asleep wait to they swap feeding for comfort suckling and then gently break their latch, think there might have been a bit about holding chin gently to stop them trying to relatch. If they get aggitated re-latch, but then repeat. Think she says it can take up to 20 attempts. If they'e calm place in coat, o if co-sleeping, roll away. She is a great advocate of co-sleeping and does suggest that, I find Dyl will soon root agin as he can smell the milk.
She also suggest a sleep comforter of some sort, place between you and the baby and then in the cot/bed with them.
I'm struggling to remember more, would have to re-read, hope that helps to get you started.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:22 pm

I read that book but I can't remember if what we did was in it or somewhere else :roll:

When I night weaned ds, from bedtime til midnight dh would go in and cuddle him down back to sleep. Then the first time that he awoke after midnight I would feed him. Then any wakings after that I cuddled him down again.
After a few weeks it sort of became apparent that there was no pattern to the one night feed so I went for the thick dressing gown trick and cuddled him down. I can't remember how long it took. Those months seem like such a blur of sleeplessness :hug: :hug:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:57 am

How did you go?

I have it (from Beth @ LLS) and rate it as it has helped us improve things over all. But I don't feel qualified to give advice as we are still struggling with Ewan's sleep (it was really truly horrendously terrible, now it is just bad :-? )- more so now I am back at work and he has reverse cycled.

Previously, Ewan was up many times per night. The unlatching thing does work if you are consistent as does having daddy do the back to sleep routine. Our issue is now being wiiiiiiide awake at stupid o'clock for hours and hours. And hours.

Perhaps if Beth doesn't see this thread you could PM her.
xx

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler