hf1

One Born Every Minute - Making you want another?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

One Born Every Minute - Making you want another?

Postby jules070603 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 pm

I know that at Imogens age its quite common to start getting broody but I've been thinking about it recently.

Watching One Born Every Minute this week made me feel that I wanted another baby :shock: I'm trying to work out why?

I think its the experience of childbirth. That moment when the baby is born and mum is beaming and all the effort is forgotten - I just think I can't believe I'll not experience that again. Does that make sense?

I don't think we want to have more children, 2 suits our situation, if I won the lottery tomorrow then I think I probably would have another which probably is confusing but its more about childcare etc than about actual cashflow.

Anyway, I suppose time will tell but does anyone else feel like this about childbirth? Is it this that is addictive?

I had my perfect birth with Imogen, I would do that again tomorrow as it was just an amazing experience and I honestly enjoyed every minute of it.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: One Born Every Minute - Making you want another?

Postby 50ftQueenie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 pm

I thought it would make me broody as I was terribly broody when dd was about 9 months but it didn't. It re-enforced my desire to become a midwife! I had sort of given up on the idea but watching that series has made me realise just how much I want to do it! :wine:

I think that you are right... That feeling of holding your baby for the first time when nothing else matters is just the most amazing thing you can experience as a human being. :D

I would love another baby, but another 6 year old..... no thanks! :giggle:

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 pm

I haven't been watching it for that reason I am broody enough :shock: :shock: :oops: without adding to it . I will not be acting on the broodiness as I am looking forward to having a break, have been pg 4 times in 5yrs or :bf: so I am feeling the need for a break plus finaces do not allow. From talking to other mums though it seems to be a split response some it is making broody others it has confirmed they are done.

I agree with you about the age thing as they are getting a bit of indepence so I think you body feel ready to deal with another even if you brain doesn't.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:46 pm

I am very broody anyway so it has just made it worse for me. I can't wait to go through it all again :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Well it's making me very excited, I can't wait to give birth, but to be honest I was looking forward to it long before I started watching. Also as has been said, it's just reaffirmed that I really want to be a MW, at some point in the future, but again I already wanted to, since Jak was born really I think!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 pm

I don't think it's changed the fact that I'd dearly love another, and can't change the fact that we are in no position to have another, plus the fact soeone else mentionned, my body needs a rest. It has confirmed my belief that I would want a home birth should we ever have a fourth. I loved the high I got from my natural birth with Dyl (I laboured at home and he was born 20 mins after we arrived at the hospital).

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:17 am

I would love to have one more but watching all those c-section has added to my terror of having that great big needle shoved in my back again - took 3 very painful attempts when I had Max. I'm not scared of the opertaion or even the recovery afterwards but of having that needle :evil: :evil: .

I'm also in the position of still having the fear of a natural delivery. I didn't go into labour with Max and so have no experience of how I would handle the pain. AS much as I would like to try for a natural delivery all I can think of is at least with a C-Section I know what to expect but then I come back to that darn needle. Just going round in circles :x :cry:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 am

not watched cos im a big :babyroll: !
but I only have to look at babies to want one! :giggle: particulary hazadous as looking after babies is my job :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 am

I'd love another but it's not that easy for us. I had a medicalised induced labour due to obstetric cholestasis, with 4 hours of gas and air and the rest with an epidural - but I have never experienced "natural" labour as I was on an oxytocin drip the whole time. So I am fascinated by it really

The needle in the back didn't bother me really as once you are contracting hard you will deal with the discomfort to get rid of the pain!

So I am fascinated as I would have loved to have had that opportunity to labour naturally, while at the same time every time they whisk someone off for a section I thank my lucky stars that I had a cow of a midwife who forcibly broke my waters at 1cm!!!!!!!

The series wouldn't make anyone broody if they had filmed some of it in the carnage that is the post natal ward afterwards - enough to put anyone off having another :-?

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler