hf1

Problems with night sleeping...getting worse

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Problems with night sleeping...getting worse

Postby mamarozi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 am

I have looked into silent reflux symptoms and I do recognize some of the symptoms, but not that many.

I feel so terrible. I was so happy when I was pregnant, was so into attachment parenting, babywearing, co-sleeping, never let her cry...I was sure I will have the happiest baby possible. And now I feel like I'm stuck with the most sad, angry, fussy, miserable, demanding and exhausting baby. I hear my cousin: "Oh, ours was feeding like a clock, every three hours...slept through the night since she was 3 months old..." And she never let her baby into her bed, never considered breastfeeding, she thinks attached parenting is bullshit, her baby was content and playing by herselfon the floor, in her carseat, in her bed, whenever I saw her.
My hubbys sister-in-law: "Huh, I dont even know whatit means to have sleepless nights, both of mine slept through the night since few weeks old!"
And I see me,struggling with BF until one day she totally refused my breast (and continued to express as long as I could, managing a fussy baby)co.sleeping full time for few months, now part-time, babywearing since birth (otherwise she was screaming non-stop), still not able to fall asleep by herself or at least without me walking and rocking like mad (I would be thrilled, if she could fall asleep in my arms, while I'm sitting), she is unable to play alone on the floor for more than a minute, I have to get down with her and actively play with her, hold her, rock her until I drop dead-she keeps on going, she gets hystericall, whenever I leave the room, even if my hubby is holding her. Car drives are me singing all the time and her fussying all the time. She wants to be carried around all the time, she rarely sits in my lap and play with something, she's on her feet all the time and climbing the sofa, me, whatever..
I feel like a total failure most of the time and ask: "Why me? What the hell have I done, to get a baby like this"
Dont get me wrong, I love her, I adore her, but she keeps sucking every single drop of energy i have. It feels, like I'm a slave to her.
And all I get from ppl around me is: YOU SPOILED HER! LET HER CRY! SHOW HER WHO'S THE BOSS!

There..instead of focusing on sleep problem I wrote a post on how miserable I am. :x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm

mamarozi wrote:I have looked into silent reflux symptoms and I do recognize some of the symptoms, but not that many.

I feel so terrible. I was so happy when I was pregnant, was so into attachment parenting, babywearing, co-sleeping, never let her cry...I was sure I will have the happiest baby possible. And now I feel like I'm stuck with the most sad, angry, fussy, miserable, demanding and exhausting baby. I hear my cousin: "Oh, ours was feeding like a clock, every three hours...slept through the night since she was 3 months old..." And she never let her baby into her bed, never considered breastfeeding, she thinks attached parenting is bullshit, her baby was content and playing by herselfon the floor, in her carseat, in her bed, whenever I saw her.
My hubbys sister-in-law: "Huh, I dont even know whatit means to have sleepless nights, both of mine slept through the night since few weeks old!"
And I see me,struggling with BF until one day she totally refused my breast (and continued to express as long as I could, managing a fussy baby)co.sleeping full time for few months, now part-time, babywearing since birth (otherwise she was screaming non-stop), still not able to fall asleep by herself or at least without me walking and rocking like mad (I would be thrilled, if she could fall asleep in my arms, while I'm sitting), she is unable to play alone on the floor for more than a minute, I have to get down with her and actively play with her, hold her, rock her until I drop dead-she keeps on going, she gets hystericall, whenever I leave the room, even if my hubby is holding her. Car drives are me singing all the time and her fussying all the time. She wants to be carried around all the time, she rarely sits in my lap and play with something, she's on her feet all the time and climbing the sofa, me, whatever..
I feel like a total failure most of the time and ask: "Why me? What the hell have I done, to get a baby like this"
Dont get me wrong, I love her, I adore her, but she keeps sucking every single drop of energy i have. It feels, like I'm a slave to her.
And all I get from ppl around me is: YOU SPOILED HER! LET HER CRY! SHOW HER WHO'S THE BOSS!

There..instead of focusing on sleep problem I wrote a post on how miserable I am. :x

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh, thank you for support. I feel better already. I wrote an email to our pediatrician ( easiest way for me to really tell all thats on my mind and to have her full attention) and keep my fingers crossed to get her support :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Fingers crossed you get some useful information back from her, keep us updated. Not sleeping is just awful :hug:

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 am

i wrote an email to our pediatrician yesterday and she replied. So....today we have an appointment, at 2pm. Last night was better in terms I didn't need to get up and carry her around. She went to bed at 9.40, woke at 11, had milk, woke at 1, had tea,woke at 2, had tea, woke at 3, had milk, but didn't really drink much, woke at 4, 4.30, 5, 6 and then we got up at 7.
I hope that we'll find a solution as I really dont recall, when was it the last time I slept for more than 2 hrs in a row...

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 am

Good luck tell it how it is and dont leave till you have a plan of action you are happy with
sarah

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Good luck with the paediatrician...

I've not had Grace tested but it's quite clear she's intolerant so she's got Neocate on prescription but I know it works differently in other countries...

:hug: sleep depravation is the pits...

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope your appointment gets a plan of action.
Oh for the rocking that she needs, have you tried a baby swing at all or would she not take to it? Just to give you a little break :hug: :hug: .

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler