hf1

Is your child still in their cot?

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:54 am

cot? what's one of those... :wink:

Jan didn't you want to keep them in the same cot?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:04 am

Both our boys were in a standard single bed when they were just a year old :shock: . Our oldest because we needed the cot for #2 and our 2nd son because he wanted to sleep beside his brother and was trying to climb out of the cot. Evie is still in the cot and will stay there until she tries to climb out.

Sadie xx

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Beds.

Postby poppysmum » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:42 pm

I think we moved ollie about 15/16 months as once he was walking at 11 months he found the cot restrivtive and was bad tempered about it....also DH was in Iraq and whenever we stayed anywhere I put him in a bed with me as it was easier than lugging the travel cot around on my own!!!

He was fine, he thought he was a proper big boy and understood the consequences of getting out, as I had to leave his cot in his room till DH returned as I couldnt take it apart on my own!! So I told him if he wasnt a good BIG boy and got out of bed he would have to sleep in his cot!!!

I am not sure when we will move Poppy (10 months next weekend) as she is a different kettle of fish lol
She is going to be twice the trouble he ever was :o

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:48 pm

I'd say it is entirely down to when you feel is the right time to make the change :)

Jake went into a junior bed at 14 months with a stair gate on the door so he couldn't fall down the stairs (we had terribly steep stairs at the time and no way to put a gate at the top of them) but he had free reign of his room to play when he woke up.

Oz made the move from cot to bottom bunk at about 18 months - basically when he could climb out by himself!

At 19 months Edward co sleeps, but has a cotbed in the bed mode at the side of my bed. He gets into it now and then, and last night pulled the covers up and lay down - only to get out and into my bed to go to sleep :lol:

If you're happy with her being in the cot then don't worry about it Nic!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:02 pm

taneli moved into a bed at about 2...when he worked out that while tantrum throwing he could fling himself out.
Boo i will leave in a cot until he can either get out (and then a bed is safer) or he requests a big boy bed!!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:20 pm

Interesting replies!!! No intention of taking the sides of till we really have to!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :wink:

My avatar
mumofemily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Is your child still in their cot?

Postby mumofemily » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:41 pm

emily still sleeps in her cot/bed with the sides still up, we did try with one side off but she moved in her sleep and got court up in bed gard :shock: so we put the side back on with a cot bumper so she dont heart herself, she is small for her age and moves around so much even when we put her down in our bed its funny to see were she lands up :lol:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re:

Postby JanX » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:15 pm

trogette wrote:cot? what's one of those... :wink:

Jan didn't you want to keep them in the same cot?

:oops: :oops: :oops: only just noticed this question!!

I had them share a cot whilst they were in our room but as soon as we moved them into their room they went in their own cots! I thought that it would be best for them to get used to sleeping independently early so it didn't create problems further down the line when they had to go into seperate cots due to space issues!

The cots are next to each other they can see and touch each other!

jan x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Is your child still in their cot?

Postby rhead » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Lol my stepson was in a cot (with the side off and just a wooden bar across to stop him rolling out) until he was nearly 5! He's always been on the small side and just never seemed to outgrow it. DS is still in the cot now (will be 4 in January). Don't really see the point of sizing up; he has a big-boy bed ready and waiting in his new room but it's a mezzanine job with a desk underneath etc. and his new room is upstairs, not next to us, so he'll need to be able to manage steps to get in and out of bed AND steps to get down to us if he needs us in the middle of the night... :shock: So no rush there!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler