hf1

What stairgate?

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

What stairgate?

Postby tracedw » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Well now that Conan is everywhere, including phoning 999 and climbing the stairs like a rock climber i am now having to think about stairgates :-?
The problem is we got rid of all our gates from Tadhg days cos i thought i was too old for any more kids, but hey presto, one turns up when you least expect it(i was 46 when he was born :D )
I need to get 6 gates for the stairs (we have 4 sets of stairs :shock: )and probably 1 for his room and 1 for his playroom.
Any ideas cos our staircases are not that simple
We have 2 sets like this in the old part of the house,all open treads and spiral

The stairs from the kitchen is a straight flight and closed treads so simple enough
And this staircase from the main TV room up to the older boys playroom and office

Are you supposed to use fixed gates on stairs, not ones that can be removed easily.
Also ,do you have a gate on their bedroom door,cos i know that some kids manage to climb out of their cot at this age :shock:
Any good bargain suggestions wanted :oops:
Thanks Ladies and sorry for the long post

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What stairgate?

Postby Scotia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 pm

I can't help but just wanted to say I love your spiral staircases :giggle:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Scotia wrote:I can't help but just wanted to say I love your spiral staircases :giggle:

No help here either but I am with Scotia on your spiral stairs :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:07 pm

You need fixed ones at the top of the stairs but can get away with pressure fit at the bottom i think. I did see a stairgate the other day which was designed for odd shaped stairs,when i am on the laptop i will see if i can find it.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Whatever you do, don't buy this one - http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Kiddyguard-Safety-Gate/dp/B000JF5SU8/sr=1-11/qid=1268508327/ref=sr_1_11/280-4826548-7504117?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42869041&mcb=core.

It's marketed as being great for unusual doors/openings, and shows itself being used specifically at the top of the stairs. However, I coughed up the £90 and the second night it was in use Ethan managed to open it and fell straight from the top of the stairs to the bottom. I've never been so scared in all my life. It's rubbish.

Sarah
x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

This might help you choose.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 am

I have no idea but I am with the others, your house looks fab :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Cyrillia wrote:Whatever you do, don't buy this one - http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Kiddyguard-Safety-Gate/dp/B000JF5SU8/sr=1-11/qid=1268508327/ref=sr_1_11/280-4826548-7504117?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42869041&mcb=core.

It's marketed as being great for unusual doors/openings, and shows itself being used specifically at the top of the stairs. However, I coughed up the £90 and the second night it was in use Ethan managed to open it and fell straight from the top of the stairs to the bottom. I've never been so scared in all my life. It's rubbish.

Sarah
x

Eeek terrifying!
Good to know too thanks - I was debating getting one too...

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm no help but those wooden stairs are brilliant! we have metal creeky spiral stairs but yours are fantastic....and also probably quite annoying stair gate wise :lol:

Return to Baby and Toddler