hf1

really independant lo

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

really independant lo

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:58 pm

since pippa started nursery she's become so independant. I try to play with her toys with her and she just gives me a look that says what are you doing leave me alone. she's quiet happy to play on her though, is this normal a this age (she's nearlly 1 ) ???

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: really independant lo

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:06 pm

I'd say yes, its normal. Oscar does not go to nursery and he is 11 months old, but plays quite happily everyday with his toys.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Girls are really independent.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 pm

monsterm wrote:Girls are really independent.

I was going to say that I had heard that little girls are independent but for us it has been the other way around. Ds was fiercely independent from when he could walk (10 months). But Martha still wants someone with her constantly & always wants someone to play with. She also refuses to sit on her chair to eat, she wants to be on a lap (not that we let her).

But yes, it is completely normal. Also expect lots of boundary pushing/testing to start around this age too! :roll:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:02 pm

I think all children must be different. Charlotte has always been very much like Martha, loving the company of adults and not very independent at all. Ben on the other hand is far more independent and will sit and play on his own (given the opportunity when not being bugged by his sister :giggle: )

I would say it is perfectly normal either way

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Gosh Anna and Grace have always been fiercely independent, I found it really hard at first with Anna after Kieran, I was even reduced to tears a few times as I felt kinda redundant :oops:
Totally normal though

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Erm yes sorry...

I am not allowed to play with Grace's toys with her unless she 'asks' me too ;) :giggle:
(same with Isabelle really!!)
We do a lot of silly games and tickles on the nappy mat instead :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 pm

kirsty that's what i feel like, she's happy playing and i'm sat watching her and just feel a bit un needed, i daren't touch her toys as she shouts at me :giggle:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:31 pm

If it's any consolation, DS wouldn't even let me cuddle him when he was about 12 months let alone play games with him. However, now he is VERY affectionate and would love nothing more than to sit cuddled up watching a film together. :D

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler