My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

fighting sleep

Postby littlesez » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:19 pm

well what a shocker littlesez posting about sleep :roll: :hohoho:

SInce my last update we have gone from waking up upto hourly for :bf: to onyl waking 2-3 times a night. Im still exhausted but not megally (thats not i word i know) :giggle:

The problem is getting to sleep now! OMG She just fights and fights it. Tonight she was sat upright in bed with her head lolling so much it nearly fell off her shoulders! It was half 9 i think before she went off. I had BF twice tried sitting with her, in her bed, at the side, at the door,I went out she screamed, i went back in again she screamed.. So that went on for a while until the third time i ent out she cried for a minute then fell asleep.

Last night It was a nightmare with me trying everything i just left her playing in the end and she fell asleep on the floor :( so i picked her up and put her in bed.

Jeez i cannot cope! for some reason bedtime is just like hell atm I have my book, no cry sleep solution and think i nmeed to reread it. So not really looking for advise just moaning really I just want my girl to be ok about going to sleep and not have total meltdown :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: fighting sleep

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Three years ago approx I could have written something pretty similar...

Not much help to you at the moment but be reassured it doesn't last... :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:29 pm

It does help, i just need to know it doesnt last, is there anything you did to help isabelle or did she just grow out of it kinda?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 am

no advice as we seem to do things so differently just some :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:47 am

lucas is bad for fighting sleep. I just let him stay up till i know he is almost certain to fall asleep. Urm this is usually 10.30 - 11pm though :oops: If i keep trying to get him to sleep when he is fighting it we all end up grumpy and it is just not worth the stress for a couple of hours extra in bed.

:hug: for you. Hope it gets better soon.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Isolbella is younger but at the age of 2 we had about 3 or 4 months of having to sit with Charlotte until she fell asleep. It was tough as it spanned the few months before and after Ben was born. But we got through it. It started that we had to sit there for quite some time and then creep out once we knew she was fast asleep, and then gradually we started moving towards the door, until magically one day I said, I am just going to sit on the landing and she let me and then we just left.

It was painful at the time, but you will get through this and she will go to sleep. Have you tried just sitting with her for comfort?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 pm

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Rob just put her to bed with oat milk, whilst i was having a bath :D

a little whinge but no crying. Of course im glad. She was so calm

WTF? why can't i do it :cry:

Annette she just won't have any of it, its like boob or nothing. I feed her she calms down she looks like she is settling i sit by her bed for a while. I then go when she looks asleep and bang straight up in bed crying. Rob left her awake with a bottle :shock:

I just feel poo about it all. She gets hysterical, she wants to feed to sleep but cant quite do it so it goes on forever!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

How about you putting her to bed with oat milk (and a really thick jumper so she can't smell you so much) perhaps it might help to break the bf to sleep habit. You could perhaps then go back to feeding her yourself once she has got better at going to sleep?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Annette wrote:How about you putting her to bed with oat milk (and a really thick jumper so she can't smell you so much) perhaps it might help to break the bf to sleep habit. You could perhaps then go back to feeding her yourself once she has got better at going to sleep?

Thanks annette
i am going to give it a go. Rob thinks i should let my mum and him do bedtime for a few nights and then me try later in the week. I can stay at my mums tomorrow and then he said he can come home early tues/weds. So that would leave me to try on thurs. Sounds like a plan, maybe she will be a bit more used to it by then and hopefully a bit calmer.

Its weird she is BF on demand at the moment, like having a tiny baby again! She is absolutley fine without me when im at work. Saturday she was away from 10 til 8 and had NO milk but today she has fed at

4am,4.30am,7am,8.30am,10.30am, 12.30, 3.30 and 6pm

She is a boob monster :hohoho:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler