hf1

Poo help (probably tmi)

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Poo help (probably tmi)

Postby Scotia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:08 pm

Really really sorry in advance about this, but you've had some great helpful advice, so I won't feel quite so bad when I have a little :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Am sure this phase won't last too long :hug:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:09 pm

I have heard of this a few times and know it is quite common. :hug: , it can't be nice at all, it would make me very mad I think :oops:

Probably a silly question but is it possible to do up the nappies tighter? Is he opening them or just digging in? It really is yuck but he probably thinks its so interesting, blerugh.

I'm really not sure what to suggest. I would say it will be just a phase but thats no help at all is it. Is there anything he REALLY likes that you could use as a tool to encourage him to stop?

Zach loves his trains and we needed to start implementing some sort of punishment (not sure what word to use there, that sounds a bit harsh but YKWIM) so we counted to 3 and if the behaviour didn't stop we removed a train for the rest of that day. We gave them back to him the next morning as soon as we got up and when we confiscated them we put them where he could see them so he didn't forget about the whole idea.

I think he may have been older than Nathan but if he could understand something like this it might work. I was amazed at the results here and mostly now I only need to get to 2 and Zach will do what he is supposed to.

Good luck and :hug: again. I hope I miss out on that with Imogen, I can tell already she is going to be up to more mischeif than Zach was :giggle: :roll:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 pm

jules070603 wrote:Zach loves his trains and we needed to start implementing some sort of punishment (not sure what word to use there, that sounds a bit harsh but YKWIM) so we counted to 3 and if the behaviour didn't stop we removed a train for the rest of that day. We gave them back to him the next morning as soon as we got up and when we confiscated them we put them where he could see them so he didn't forget about the whole idea.

I think he may have been older than Nathan but if he could understand something like this it might work. I was amazed at the results here and mostly now I only need to get to 2 and Zach will do what he is supposed to.

I do similar with Dawn actually, and we also use the naughty 'step' (I plonk her in the hall where I can see her, but she has no toys etc) But I always try and talk to her first and explain things simply. I then warn her about the 'naughty step', then I count to three and then she gets plonked in the hall way. I tell her why she's there, that she's to stay there till she's calmed down and she'll potter back a few moments later, saying sorry and then all is forgotten. Her behaviour has improoved a lot since we started using it.
I actually heard her the other day, telling her Moo Cow that if he was naughty, she'd put him in the hallway till he said sorry :giggle:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I do similar with Dawn actually, and we also use the naughty 'step' (I plonk her in the hall where I can see her, but she has no toys etc) But I always try and talk to her first and explain things simply. I then warn her about the 'naughty step', then I count to three and then she gets plonked in the hall way. I tell her why she's there, that she's to stay there till she's calmed down and she'll potter back a few moments later, saying sorry and then all is forgotten. Her behaviour has improoved a lot since we started using it.
I actually heard her the other day, telling her Moo Cow that if he was naughty, she'd put him in the hallway till he said sorry :giggle:

:giggle: that is actually quite funny, the last bit I mean. I don't think it is that harsh if you explain why they are there, it teaches consequences to unacceptable actions- god I sound so teacherish there!
I can't offer any advice on the pooing though- sorry, only :hug: that he grows put of it soon.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler