hf1

Poo help (probably tmi)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Poo help (probably tmi)

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:07 pm

hmmmm a friends kid in sposies did this, daytime she had him in dungeree's some he couldn't, 'get in' and then at night footless fleece sleepsuits put on back to front so the zip was at the back. didn't cure him, but kept her walls cleaner hun till he stopped doing it.x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:09 pm

I dont have any personal experience of it to be honist but in all the child phsychology courses I have done at work feaces smearing is a normal behavioural trait unfortunatly...and we have had loads of parents warning us of their children doing it...but luckily have never had a problem at work with them...

I think the only practical advice is to change them ASAP, which i know is hard when they do is as soon as they have pooed :roll: to revome the temptation if you like..the other thing is to use a poppered vest over his nappy/wrap if your not using woolies, it restricts the access!

:hug: Hope the fase passes soon, its really not a nice one!! :hug:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 pm

paintedclaws wrote:
She feels bad enough as it is with her sons actions and doesn't need such a hostile response. Sorry if I took the post the wrong way but perhaps some people should keep their opinions to themselves if they don't have anything constructive to say.

WSS

Some good useful suggestions made and some very harsh and unhelpful comments made too!!! :shock:
Hope you find a solution soon. :hug: :hug: It does sound like he has some awareness now and could be ready for potty training, my DS was a similar age when he PT'd

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm

paintedclaws wrote:What has your reaction to it been like Hun? It sounds like he's looking for a reaction especially if it's during a time out.

IMO you could probably take your eye off him for a few seconds not know he's pooed and he's in there fishing around. :giggle:

we have a gate on Noahs bedroom door to which is for his own safety, I don't want him having free access to his older siblings room or the bathroom should we dare not to wake up at the exact moment he does. It's not a cage and I do ressent such comments as to why one should be used. :-?

She feels bad enough as it is with her sons actions and doesn't need such a hostile response. Sorry if I took the post the wrong way but perhaps some people should keep their opinions to themselves if they don't have anything constructive to say.

I'll go away now.

WSS! I only don't have one as the boys know to keep the toilet shut, I doubt if its used properly its damaging to the child? Kids can get up to all manner of dodgy things while your asleep and if having a gate on there door makes you happier and the kids safe then so be it! as for the step bussiness, I have to put bailey on the naughty step sometimes, when he has been destructive, or for hitting, only for a few minutes at a time for him to calm down, (and me!) Kids can poo really quickly and I doubt any mum can spend all day following there kids round to check if they have pooed. We do have to do things, ie go to the loo!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm

We have a gate at Gracies bedroom door for night time as well, it is actually a common thing and like every one else it is not used to "cage" the lo's in anyway but merely to stop night time antics - Gracie would get up and go into Anna's room if she woke but with it on she doesn't waken at all or if she does she just goes straight to sleep.

It takes seconds for a child to poop and then gain access to it, Gracie did it once and she was right in front of me so it is not a case of them being left in a dirty nappy, what parent gets to their child the second they poop???? :-?

Sorry I can't offer any advice for you xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry if I've offended anyone - I was feeling rather unhappy and irritated this afternoon and posted with that hat on.

I guess having never had the experience I just couldn't understand how it could happen...

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:27 pm

I was pretty offended TBH so thankyou for the apology, perhaps at those times it best to step away rather than vent at someone who already feels bad about themselves.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 pm

paintedclaws wrote:What has your reaction to it been like Hun? It sounds like he's looking for a reaction especially if it's during a time out.
IMO you could probably take your eye off him for a few seconds not know he's pooed and he's in there fishing around. :giggle:

I have just been telling him not to do it because it is dirty and it makes me sad. In the same way I would tell him not to hit so not shouting but a low tone voice iyswim. Hopefully it will sink in soon enough :roll: Yup that's exactly how he does it little monkey!

megansmummy wrote:I dont have any personal experience of it to be honist but in all the child phsychology courses I have done at work feaces smearing is a normal behavioural trait unfortunatly

That does actually make it a bit easier, knowing it is a phase Thanks Tory :D I know it will end at some point yay.

I will have to see if I can get some dungerees that fit him I think that may work :)

Thank you for the appology Steph.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 pm

None of mine went through this stage, but have had friends LOs that have...and the advice for dungerees i would highly recommend :wink: Its a stage that lots of children go through, the dungerees will slow him down, and youl find itl stop as quickly as it started :wine:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler