hf1

Sour smelling nappies Sorry TMI

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Sour smelling nappies Sorry TMI

Postby tracedw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi, we have all in the last week had a vomiting virus which has only lasted 24 hrs but Conans nappies are still sour and not really normal in colour or consistancy. He is fine in himself, eating normally and does not seem to be unwell at all ,but its been nearly a week now and his nappies are not back to normal yet. I dont want to go down the GP route quite yet, and just wondered if any one has had any thing similar and could offer any advice.
I`m also still using cloth but washing every day at 60 deg, is this enough to kill any bacteria off or should i use disp until this clears up(i would rather not if it can be avoided)
Thanks Ladies
Tracy x
ETA- he is also teething like a demon atm, i think about 6 are or have just cut the gums(he has 10 through already so nearly the complete set here soon :shock: )

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Sour smelling nappies Sorry TMI

Postby ladybird » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 pm

It could well be the teething as you say. If it's still the virus I think it's fairly normal to take it's time moving through the system and I'd carry on the way you are doing. I always give probiotics/acidophilus if there's a digestive bug in the house.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

ladybird wrote:It could well be the teething as you say. If it's still the virus I think it's fairly normal to take it's time moving through the system and I'd carry on the way you are doing. I always give probiotics/acidophilus if there's a digestive bug in the house.

I would definitely echo the acidophilus thing, biocare do a really good one in a powder form that you can add to their milk, it's pricey but is the best there is. Yakult etc is not enough but can help supporting the probiotic powders.
Hope all is better soon, sorry I can't add anything about the nappies though.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Do you normally get the Biocare directly from them ,cos when i had Candida i was getting supplements from them via my Kinesiologist/nutritionist.
Thanks Tracy x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm

You should be able to find the powders by googling for them. We use ABCdophilus from Solgar.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Just been on the Nutri centre website and ordered the Biocare one plus some fish oil and other stuff, spent nearly £100 :shock: ,well that was an expensive question :giggle:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Since yesterdat my lo (3.5 months) hasnt been feeding as much as normal, shes bf, i have to really encourage her, and her nappies smell sour & vinegary, not nice i know but its so strange, she hasnt been going as much and when she does they are darker...not sure if this is what you are finding? :( really dont want this to be a bug when she had her jabs today
If you're really worried go to your docs, we might have to soon too :( Hope your lo gets better soon x

....ended up phoning nhs direct and they told us to go a&e cause she looked yellow...turns out it was our light upstairs making us all look yellow :roll: but i read that too much foremilk in bf can cause greeny poos, but it sounds like your lo is older and eating solids, shes still smelly though and greeny poos :|

Return to Baby and Toddler