Any ideas what to try next please?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Any ideas what to try next please?

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:56 pm

my only advice is to read no cry sleep solution. Also I think people lie about sleeping through just to get on your nerves :hohoho:

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:08 pm

my oh has started talking about fin moving to his own cot but ive persuaded him (told him) :giggle: to carry on co sleeping as fin loves it and i think that my oh needs to make a few sacrifices sometimes. as long as your oh doesnt land up resenting you or your lo which would be counterproductive as i think co sleeping should be a harmonious, happy situation for all involved :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm

I can't help much as our DD is younger than yours, but although she slept through for 12 hours a night from 11 weeks since she was about 5 months she has woken a couple of times several nights a week. I always feed back to sleep, as it's so quick and easy, and she doesn't cry. When DH goes to her she will eventually fall asleep for him, but there's a lot more crying, rocking and singing involved, plus a stressed Mummy downstairs. I know that DD can fall asleep on her own as she does quite often, and normally in the morning I hear her about 5am chattering to herself, and she goes back to sleep until about 7.30am with no intervention from me.

If she is having a really bad night (ie waking up more often than twice or more frequently than every 3 hours or so) then I tend to take her in the spare room and sleep in the bed with her, often that is enough to make sure she sleeps through the rest of the night, and means we all get some rest. The next night she goes back in her cot as normal, and so far it has worked for us and not resulted in any bad habits - she sleeps through the night about half the time at the moment, which still isn't bad for a 6 month old.

Sorry, I've waffled, but just wanted you to know you aren't alone - hope you work out what suits you, but try not to feel guilty or bad for whatever decisions you make - do what is best for you all as a family where possible!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler