hf1

High chairs

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

High chairs

Postby mummy2threeboys » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:13 pm

I have just been looking at high chairs for Ethan and not sure what to get this time.

Tristan just had a cheap toys r us highchair and Brandon had the Chicco Happy snack.

The Chicco happy snack was great but they don't seem to do as many designs now and I'm not so keen on the ones they do now (we had blue spots).

I do like this one but wonder if it's worth getting as Ethan probably won't need the baby bits

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14633

I like this one too but think the base may be too big for our kitchen and I would prefer a more boyish design

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14633

Naomi -x-

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: High chairs

Postby northernruth » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Honestly if you can hold off getting one until he can sit up, I really wish we had got one of those plain wooden ones you get in cafes (caffe nero have them) - they are compact and so take up no room, and you can pull them right up to the table with you so that they are really joining in the family meal

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 pm

We have the Svan highchair and I love it. It's now on it's second baby and is still going strong. It's really neat and with the tray removed sits perfectly at the dining table so Rowan can really join in at mealtimes. It can then convert to a normal seat so she can use it at a desk when she's older.

http://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/svan ... aign=Gbase

Cathleen xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Gracie had the much cheapness ikea one (the one they use in the cafes) and it is fab, no fiddly bits to clean, no fabric and it is designed to slide up to the table so encourage family eating, or like Ruth said the wooden ones are great as well x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:09 am

Another vote for the antilop ikea one - £15 for the highchair and the tray and its fab. So easy to clean and very cheap. I know so many people who have spent £60+ on a highchair and then gone and bought the ikea one because its better.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 am

HighlandMum wrote:Another vote for the antilop ikea one - £15 for the highchair and the tray and its fab. So easy to clean and very cheap. I know so many people who have spent £60+ on a highchair and then gone and bought the ikea one because its better.

One of those people would be me we bought the mothercare version of the happy snack as I wanted it gender neutral and then when he was one we moved house and bought the Ikea one as it much more compact and easier to clean. The other one is in the spare bedroom collecting dust. :oops:

Depends on whether you can hold off weaning until he can sit up. I wouldn't bother going for one that could recline as Connor would never ever fall asleep in his highchair. He is quite happy to sit in their to eat but as soon as he is done he wants out and always has been like that and I don't agree with a child been reclined whilst eating -much safer for them to be sitting up.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:28 am

We have an Ikea one too - I'm very happy with it. If I knew I would have been having another baby after Oz I would have gone with a wood one though (like the Stokke) as think they look lovely. Though I do like having the option with the ikea one to put a tray on it for when we eat at the garden table or when he's eating spag bol :giggle:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 am

I have got the chicco Polly and absolutely hate it - BLW is so messy and it took me about 20 minutes after every meal to clean between all the various bits and pieces (although it is up for sale if you want it :giggle:). We have a booster seat at the table and reverted to using that fairly quickly - next time I will also get the Ikea one though.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 am

IKEA!!!!!!!!! I actually hate it when places don't have the ikea one :hohoho:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler