hf1

High chairs

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: High chairs

Postby emmalala » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:57 am

The ikea one looks great, I have the chicco happy snack and I hate it :x so hard to clean and really big, he won't be needing it much longer though

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 pm

We have the "I love my Bear" highchair from Toys R Us. It's quite big and bulky but strong and I liked the fact that it is height adjustable and can be used as a low chair. However, with all the cleaning (I'm a bit OCD!) the padded wipe clean cushion thingy has started to split. I contacted Toys R Us to enquire about a new seat cover....they apparently didn't have the same print but it would be almost £30 for a cover that wouldn't have even matched! Needless to say I didn't bother with the new cover...may have to go to Ikea instead!

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 pm

we have the stokke trip trap - its perfect for blw as it pulls up nicely to the table so fin can join in. i had the svan but found cleaning it was a bit of a pita - but then im not a huge fan of cleaning :oops: also it looks good and encourages good posture :wink:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:25 pm

i have the mama's and papa's prima pappa evo, although we are replacing it with the chicco polly soon

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:45 pm

The main reason I got rid of Brandon's high chair was I couldn't be bothered to clean it up and I think the seat cover had a split :-?

Thing is I'm not sure about a non-reclining one as Brandon use to fall alseep in his high chair all the time :oops:

I think I'm edging towards a wooden one (sorry not a fan of Ikea :oops:)

Naomi -x-

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:14 pm

t falls asleep in his highchair lots, only reason i want another high chair is coz his has tiny rips in the fabric at the top now, and it bugs me. thing is also to think of are u having more children perhaps? if yes then get something that'll see u through anouther child, if not then maybe look at something cheaper that will do what u want for the shorter term, u looked in mothercare? they do some cheaper reclining high chairs, i like the polly one as t will be on the go soon and this baby might need to be up out the way a bit, so for us it is ideal as t can use it for dinner times too. if i wasn't having another then we'd go for something cheaper

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 pm

We had a m&p prima pappa evo and I hated it. Bought a chicco polly and it was so much better.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:20 pm

twinkletot wrote:We had a m&p prima pappa evo and I hated it. Bought a chicco polly and it was so much better.

really how do they compare hun? seriously coz i want to get a chicco polly and have the m and p evo now.x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm

we have this for charlie - it means she can sit at the table with us, literally! u can use it with the tray, or without so she can use the table itself. depends how you want her to eat (blw or not). extremely easy to clean, and has a washable cover and straps. and 2 height settings. also u can fold it up to take with you to relatives/holidays etc. Invaluable in my book :wink:

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/produc ... ad---pink/

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler