hf1

She sleeps!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

She sleeps!

Postby mabo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 am

Since Caitlin was about 5 weeks old she's been having 45 minute naps every day apart from when she is in the sling. She also still wakes regularly 2 (sometimes 3) times a night but has recently been waking up in the middle of the night and is just awake :shock: she's not hungry, just awake and loves to show off her new vocal skills :waiting:
One night I decided to put her on her tummy so she'd get rid of her energy quicker and she promptly fell asleep! I stayed awake for the next 15 minutes, shining my phone light in her face every other minute to make sure she wasnt face down :giggle:

Anyway, gradually since that night she has let me know that she prefers to sleep on her stomach by kicking her legs whenever I put her on her back so she is now a tummy sleeper. And the last couple of days though she's suddenly been having 2 hour morning naps!!! :wine: I couldn't believe it the first time - I kept going upstairs to check up on her but she looks soooooo comfy with her 2 miffy's squashed next to her face :widesmile:

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: She sleeps!

Postby helenNt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

Well done to Caitlin for starting to sleep :wine: Enjoy the long naps.Connor started to sleep better when he could get onto his front before that he hardly slept at all

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 am

:wine: woohoo for sleep!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am

:wine: Hurrah for sleep

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

yay
Kieran and Anna were both tummy sleepers from the go, they would just never have settled on their backs.

Hope she continues to sleep well for you x
Last edited by Kirstyh on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Bless her! Poppys a tummy sleeper to, she won't settle on her back. Everytime I put her on her back she'd shout in protest and just flip over anyway. :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Heh I did similar with Grace but much earlier ;)

Glad she's sleeping better for you :hug:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 pm

I did try putting her on her tummy earlier - as Joshua was on his tummy from about 7 weeks :wink: - but she would just scream, and she always used to settle for her naps fine on her back - its just the waking up after 45 mins that was a pain (as lets face it, after checking here and FB, there are not many minutes left to do much :giggle: )

That said, she doesnt sleep any better at night and still wakes at 2 and 5 :roll:

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 pm

:wine: :wine: for sleep - wish scarlett would!!!!!!!!!! :|

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler