hf1

Sitting up??

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Sitting up??

Postby paw foot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:38 pm

I know all babies do things at different times but I was expecting Daniel to be sitting by now. He has done it once or twice but seems to be in no hurry to repeat the experience. He seems too big to be laid on his back all the time now but if i prop him up he slowly slopes to the side. Started feeding him in his bumbo to encourage the little fella.

Anyone else had a late sitter? :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Sitting up??

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Isabelle didn't sit until 7.5 months or so - and that was with the nursery's encouragement three days a week... They popped her in a ring thing and just kept sitting her back up I think...
We got a bumbo around six months I think - can't exactly remember tho'... Did used to let her munch on stuff in it so must have been about then...

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:37 pm

thanks for replying, I think I might have to do a bit more encouraging then. I didn't really like using the bumbo until now as he looked really uncomfortable in it. I know he will get there just going to be in his own time! Feeding him out is a pain as if the highchair is not the right type he slopes to the sides.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:40 pm

I do remember that - even after she was sitting well I couldn't stick her in those wooden square type for ages as there's no support at all and she got tired really quickly... I ended up padding with blankets or the sling!

I know Isabelle sat better if I avoided using the prefolds as they had REALLY stiff and bulky velcro on the wraps but once I discovered nippa nappies and poppers and the like and used different wraps it was a bit easier for her I think...
So you might want to look at which wraps and nappies you use and avoid thick velcro for a bit?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Zac is only just now sitting confidently, he's just 9 months. Lockie was about the same age. I wouldn't worry too much. He's only just mastered sitting and now he's pulling himself up which I find very nerve wracking.

It doesn't seem the cloth has made much difference. Lockie was in sposies at that point and they have mastered it at about the same age.

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm

thanks for that ladies that puts my mind at rest. I'll keep an eye out now to see if he is any better in diff types of nappies. I'm not wanting to rush him but you know what this mothering lark is like, your calm one minute.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Honestly I wouldn't worry hun.
Let him take time. The spine should be strong for them to be able to sit so let him do at his own pace and he will when he is ready. Do encourage for a few minutes at a time only. IYSWIM. Don't overdue.
He will soon be sitting and crawling, so make the most of this time. LOL
x
sukhi

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:56 pm

Dansmum wrote:but you know what this mothering lark is like, your calm one minute.

Hehehe I certainly do!! :lol:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:30 pm

LOL I agree with making the most of your baby being 'plonkable' for now...

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler