Postby paw foot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Yeah I want him to sit not too keen on the crawling just yet. :D

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Sitting up??

Postby trogette » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 pm

TBH if he's happy then he'll sit when he's genuinely ready, and it's also a sign of readiness for solids so perhaps he just needs to take it all a bit steadier? Nowt wrong with that, of course!! And a darn sight easier than dd4 who thought she was 6wks older than she was for the whole of her first year...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:49 pm

trogette wrote:And a darn sight easier than dd4 who thought she was 6wks older than she was for the whole of her first year...

That's what having older siblings will do for you :roll: My youngest sister was always doing everything much much earlier than the rest of us...

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Like sitting up and nicking food at 4&1/2m, perfect asymmetric pattern crawling at 5m and walking at 9&1/2m? :roll:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 pm

How many hours each day does he wear his boots for? Rhys is in his 23/7 and it's a major problem for him. His ability to flip only developed about a month ago because he had to figure out how to flip his body on a huge pivot point attached to his feet. The problem with sitting is that he can't get his legs into the spread position with feet close together due to the bar. I know you said Dan doesn't wear a bar, but the extra weight of the boots might just mean he has to learn a bit more than other babies.

Agree that he will do it when he's ready.

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:59 pm

I think the boots might be holding him back a bit he has them on most of the time he is awake. but from reading the post here and chatting to me nct crowd today I haven't done much to encourage it by always laying him down on the floor, but he is good at rolling so some you lose some you win!

T

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Heh I was similar with Isabelle - I didn't exaclty help her by not giving her the opportunities to sit up...

Our friends had a cushion thing that went round them that they were forever popping their son in and lo and behold he sat very early on :)

My avatar
chocolatebrownie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatebrownie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 pm

my son didn't sit confidently until 9 months. no signs of crawling yet. although today he made a couple of attempts to go into crawling position. but then fell flat on his face and rolled over a few times. some babies are quick and some a bit slower. i think my son will be slow

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:46 pm

both of mine were late sitters
boo at 9 months and taneli at 10...both crawled beofre they could sit!!!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler