hf1

Imogen not eating much.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Imogen not eating much.

Postby jules070603 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm

For a good couple of weeks now Imogen has eaten hardly any solids.

She is still drinking her milk happily and not really drinking any more volume (so 4 bottles a day) but is just not interested in food on a spoon or finger foods.

She has been teething a lot recently although thats doesn't usually stop her eating solid food completely, she might just turn her nose up at one meal if her gums are bothering her. Her nappies are a little loose (and quite a pale colour - sorry TMI) but she has no other symptoms of illness.

The only exception is bread sticks, organix crisp and dry rice crispies (my mum discovered today :giggle: ) so crunchy food I suppose.

So - Anyone experienced anything similar? I am thinking of seeing how she gets on for the rest of this week and possibly making a doctors appointment for next week if no change.

Any more ideas for 'crunchy' finger foods we can try. :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Imogen not eating much.

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Gracie hardly ate a thing when she was teethng and like Imogen she showed no signs of being ill, I guess he mouth was just too sore, as long as she is drinking and eating some thing she will be fine.

What about toast, rich tea biccies

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 pm

slightly crispy potato wedges and roasted veg like butternut squash could be worth a try?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:03 pm

When Alesha is teething the only thing she will eat is, toast, richtea biscuits, yoghurts and soft fruits like banana and pear, everything else she will refuse, i normally just offer a little more milk, just to keep her going really, aslong as she is having something and lots of fluids she will be fine xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 am

Izzy goes through stages of just eating startchy carbs like toast, breadsticks potato and it is just what she wants to eat I think. My thoughts are that its just what her body is asking for. Maybe she is having a growth spurt or hitting a developmental stage that requires lots of energy? Dunno might be completely off! Izzy literally shakes her head at veg sometimes and just wants bread.

Sometimes i just try her with the veg first then the bread and stuff after.

HTH xxx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:38 am

All 3 of mine were the same when they were teething, I suppose just keep offering food and let her decide when she is ready to eat again.

Rice Cakes, some boiled veg like carrots and brocolli that she can lift and have a good chew on?

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 am

Elliotts like that at the minute all tho he only wants fruit and rice cakes and toast. I no he is teething also

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks all. Its reassuring to hear that many babies are like this particularly when teething.

I know my advice to others would always be that they will get back to eating when they are ready but you tend to question it more when its you own :roll: She is very happy at the moment and at least has a good weight behind her so I'm not worried about her losing weight.

littlesez wrote:Izzy literally shakes her head at veg sometimes and just wants bread.

You should see the face she pulls when she doesn't want something, its hilarious, I really should take a picture :giggle: Think gurning :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

We've had the same recently but she would only eat fruit - or anything that was 'juicy'!

It went on for about 3 weeks, then she just went back to normal - I know what you mean about it being hard to take your own advice - so easy when it's someone else's baby being choosy :giggle: hang in there :wink:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler