hf1

stopping morning sleep?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: stopping morning sleep?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Grace's 'lunchtime' nap varies in timing though, some days it's as early as 10.30 and can be as late as 1.30 if we've been out etc but I try to have her asleep for 12.00 as although she'd happily go without a nap until 3pm most days that has a knock on effect on bedtime...

So yes - only one nap a day at this age is fine and 1.5hrs may be all she needs, some babies need way less sleep than others...

Sometimes I wish I could be so flexible! Its hard not to, but I do compare them all the time. So its hard when Lachlan wants to sleep so much but Riley doesnt. And I don't want to give up my alone time in the morning... but looks like I'm going to have to!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Nick usually has two hours in the afternoon from around 1pm-3pm. He doesn't usually wake earlier than 8.30am in the morning though.

We cut out the morning nap a couple of months ago so that we got a longer stretch in the afternoon. He was a little grumpy for a week or so but so adjusted to the new routine.

He will only nap in his bed though not in the buggy or car so we have to make sure we are at home during nap time which works out OK with nursery runs.

All of mine have been down to one nap by 12 months.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Dan sleeps for 1 1/2 hours at about 11 and thats it. Bailey does'nt nap at all.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Faye can sleep for 2.5hrs after lunch and she is 18mnths in a fortnight. She has never napped either side of this though and it was only at 6-7 mnths I got her to sleep in her cot during the day, until then it was us being out in the car. Today she only had 20 minutes cause we were out all morning, she fell asleep in the pram in town and woke up as I was getting her into her carseat.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: stopping morning sleep? - update p.2

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:00 am

Its been 3 days now, and she seems to be managing fine. They had some jabs yesterday (so that doesnt really count) but then had 2 and a bit hours sleep at lunch. She's a bit cranky in the morning but that might also be because Lachie isnt with her.

He's still a sleep-A-sorus though so I probably won't stop his sleep for a while yet :giggle:

TO be honest I still feel a bit funny about her not having a sleep, not sure why - but its probably because lachlan still needs it and I'm questioning her needs.

Thanks for the advice

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler