Jeepers more help needed with sleep

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Jeepers more help needed with sleep

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm about to go mad... or start on a quick road to alcoholism :giggle:

Rileys sleeping is driving me nuts. After the screeching (think blind panic) as I tried to put her down for her morning nap I cut it out last week. but she was super cranky and still waking up from her lunchtime nap in a panic (after an hour or so). More often than not she would have also done a poo. So we were thinking that her poo was waking her up. But she would be super cranky all afternoon, crying and tired. So obviously not getting enough sleep.

Anyway a friend has just read that babies of her age can often get seperation anxiety and only catnap. Which kind of fits.

So I'm in a dilema, she's not getting enough sleep during the day, and either her poo-ing or seperation anxiety (or something else) is stopping her sleeping well during the day. What can I do? Her night time sleeping is ok, apart from last night when she woke up at 2am and everytime I tried to leave the room she screamed (this is not a regular occurance but does happen once or twice a week)

Any ideas? Please? before I go mad

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Jeepers more help needed with sleep

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 am

Anyone? PLease help I had more panic screeching this morning :shock:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 am

No words of wisdom I am afraid, just wanted to send :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 04, 2010 8:22 am

Hope it gets easier soon!!! :hug:

If she is struggling with no enough sleep in the day can you not try her for a morning nap again? perhaps she wasnt ready to cut that out completly yet?

I have always found with both my kids and alot of those that I have looked after that if they dont get enough sleep during the day it can have a negative effect on their nighttime sleeping patterns (parents often said they slept awfully when they didnt sleep enough during the day...) and with both mine i find this to be the case... i think they get overtired and cant get into a peaceful comfortable night sleep either...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue May 04, 2010 1:31 pm

megansmummy wrote:Hope it gets easier soon!!! :hug:

If she is struggling with no enough sleep in the day can you not try her for a morning nap again? perhaps she wasnt ready to cut that out completly yet?

I have always found with both my kids and alot of those that I have looked after that if they dont get enough sleep during the day it can have a negative effect on their nighttime sleeping patterns (parents often said they slept awfully when they didnt sleep enough during the day...) and with both mine i find this to be the case... i think they get overtired and cant get into a peaceful comfortable night sleep either...

I totally agree with you, both mine need good daytime sleeps to have good nighttime sleeps. but it's all unravelling around me!

This morning she screeched so much I took her out of the room. Then the same at lunch, and I've tried a few times to get her into bed. I have no idea what to do and she is shattered!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 pm

whats sleep? :lol: not had any of that for about 9 years! seriously though, i wish i could give you some advice but i need some too so sending :hug: :hug: :hug: instead

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue May 04, 2010 1:52 pm

I fine that Lucas sleeps far better in the buggy or on the sofa during the day. If he does stir he gets my attention and can see me immediatly so I don't have to leave him as such IYSWIM. I never allowed Jon to sleep on the sofa and wasn't planning on it with Lucas but where he will sleep 3hours + in the buggy I am lucky to get him to have an hour in the cot.

He normally goes to sleep in the buggy when I take Jon to school in the afternoon so it is a set time everyday. :wink:

Don't know if this is any help but at least it is something to try. :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue May 04, 2010 2:42 pm

I think I'm going to try putting lachie into the computer room in the travel cot, and hope he sleeps. Then try again with Riley tomorrow. Talking to a friend and she reccomends putting her down, soothing etc, walk out of the room, and back in again as soon as she starts.

She is so clingy at the moment, and Lachlan is sick, and mummy is very tired and stressed! I need a break (or some help!)

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue May 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Have you tried using a sling. It wont help getting her to sleep in her bed but at least she can sleep with you and they can actually help seperation anxiety. Heres Lucas when he wouldn't go to sleep the other day. I was winding some wool and when I finished he was like this :giggle:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler