hf1

Im loosing the will to live!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Im loosing the will to live!!

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 am

3.40 arrives and so do the cries of Sophie. every day, thats it she wants to get up for the day. She is shattered, she just won't sleep! I have given her a bottle ( i still let her have one in the night on the advice of the hospital due to poor weight gain), i have tried ibuprofen but she has all her teeth... have tried giving her a drink, have tried Controlled crying... NOTHING gets her back to sleep :( She finally drops off about 6am and i have to get up for school at 7am!!

I don't talk to her or pick her up when i go in, no eye contact. I tried cuddling and shusshing but that made her more determined to stay up!!
He eczema is bad on her face and legs but she is all creamed up. Her bowels are not great but im waiting on the hospital for another appointment because her skin is yellowing again :(

I need some sleep. im shattered. I don't let her nap or she won't sleep at all. I know hunger may be an issue but the bottle i give her is a food replacement so should fill her up!!
Even tried keeping her up till 9-10pm with NO nap and she is still waking up around 3 every day for 2+ hours. She wants to sleep in till 11am but i wake her at 8am......

Any advice please? I lost it with her last night and shouted at her really loud to "just shut up" and slammed her door. By her cries i could tell she was terrified :cry: She did go to sleep afterwards, probably because she was so damn scared of me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry if i owe anyone parcels, pictures or money i just can't think straight with the lack of sleep (please pm me if i do). I have enough going on with my health and now Sophie just seems to be going downhill :(

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Im loosing the will to live!!

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
No advice hun (I know I'll be flamed, but we used CC on Dawn when younger and you've already mentioned that), but didn't want to read and run.
You must be shattered you poor thing :( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue May 04, 2010 9:39 am

Charli - Sounds bloody awful :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like her body clock is all mixed up, the only thing I can suggest is that her body will get used to less sleep so I would let her nap if she wanted, as it sounds like she is up in the night anyway - perhaps the more sleep she gets the more she will need?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 am

dawnsmummy wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
No advice hun (I know I'll be flamed, but we used CC on Dawn when younger and you've already mentioned that), but didn't want to read and run.
You must be shattered you poor thing :( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I used it on Ella and Molly and it was a great success! I Don't get to seep till gone midnight so im living off 3 hours sleep :|

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 am

Oh Hunnie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am a first time mummy (to babies anyway) so no real words of advice, I am having a few issues with Rufus all of a sudden, hoping it's just to do with a growthspurt & he'll get back to normal soon. But whilst reading up I read that babies that aren't getting sufficient daytime sleep struggle to sleep well at night ... could this be the case with Sophie? Does she need more sleep in the day not less perhaps?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 am

eviesmummy wrote:Charli - Sounds bloody awful :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like her body clock is all mixed up, the only thing I can suggest is that her body will get used to less sleep so I would let her nap if she wanted, as it sounds like she is up in the night anyway - perhaps the more sleep she gets the more she will need?

I have got nothing to loose, im going to let her nap today and see what happens. You have a good point about her getting used to not much sleep..... She used to sleep through (in a fashion) when she was having a 30min nap at 1pm! I did have to wake her though or she would sleep for 3 hours :roll: :roll:
I didn't mind her waking every night when i could just give her a bottle in her cot and she would just drink it and sleep. She needs the calories anyway. She has stopped eating again too :(

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 am

zoeyboo wrote:Oh Hunnie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am a first time mummy (to babies anyway) so no real words of advice, I am having a few issues with Rufus all of a sudden, hoping it's just to do with a growthspurt & he'll get back to normal soon. But whilst reading up I read that babies that aren't getting sufficient daytime sleep struggle to sleep well at night ... could this be the case with Sophie? Does she need more sleep in the day not less perhaps?

Definatly food for thought. I will get her to nap today and see what happens. I never thought of it, i just assumed she was an insomniac! My other 2 started night waking around this age and when i cut the naps they slept through again!!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 04, 2010 9:48 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You poor things!

I agree with Sadie, i would let her nap...I have always found that if mine dont sleep enough during the day then they sleep really badley at night, over tired and unable to relax...

I really hope something gives for you :( :hug:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue May 04, 2010 9:48 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: Charli.

What happens if you leave her nap? As crazy as it sounds the key to a good nights sleep is a good afternoon nap. How she she go to sleep? Can she fall asleep on her own?

Have you considered pick up/put down? I wouldn't start it in the middle of the night though. Start it at bedtime & just continue it during the night when she wakes. It will take determination of steel & a long time so you have to stick with it. You will also need dh on board to help out because you will need breaks

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler