hf1

antibiotics and baby poo!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

antibiotics and baby poo!

Postby beck » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 pm

just after some advice, I'm on antibiotics at the moment and I'm breastfeeding, do antibiotics pass through breast milk? Phebie's poo's have gone abit greenish, could this be why? :lol:

thanks

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:31 am

I'm not sure tbh Beck, I presume that some may pass through. Has she started weaning yet (sorry fogotten how many months she is) or is she still exclusively bf? Did you tell your doctor that you are bfing when they gave you the prescription?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:10 pm

Phebie's four months old and has just started on one meal a day. My doctor did put me on bf safe antibiotics, so was thinking that it's probably a mixture of all that. her poo was fine yesterday, back to normal. Isn't it lovely how you can have whole conversations devoted to what your bubs poo is like LOL!!!!!!
thanks for advice,

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:57 pm

How long has she been having the solids, did you try something new. I know bannana can give pretty scary looking poos lol!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:55 pm

I was on antibiotics the other week and Isabelle's poo was really nasty - green and runny - so I'm sure it was the antibiotics...
Rest assured as soon as I finished the course she was fine!

One thing that really seemed to help her tho' was live yogurt but she's a bit young for that really... Just make sure YOU have some so that you don't end up with thrush!!

Sorry this post is a bit late - you're probably over it now :)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:04 am

thanks for the reply, no your not to late I've got to take them for the next 3 weeks still. Her poos seem to have settled down though so might have been something else maybe, not sure

Return to Baby and Toddler