hf1

Please tell me this is a phase x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Please tell me this is a phase x

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat May 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I really dunno what to do about alesha since 8wks old she has slept from 7pm till 8am, but in the last week i put her down as normal at 7 (we havent changed routine) and she will keep crying till i get her up and put her in my arms too sleep, i mean we are talking 3-4hrs off me going in and out too settle her with no luck by this point i am exhausted and just want her too sleep, she eventually goes in my arms and i put her in her bed, but within a couple hours she awake again wanting too come in with me, if i try and settle her in her own bed the crying will continue for hours, if i bring her in with me she falls straight asleep and doesnt wake up, i am sooo tired i just not use to this? what can i try ladies? do i just give in and let her sleep with me, i really dnt want that continuing thou, its the only space i get, selfish i know but i need it x
Last edited by 123princesssammie on Sat May 08, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Please tell me this is a phase x

Postby nappynutter » Sat May 08, 2010 10:02 pm

She just wants to cuddle you. It's perfectly normal for her age and development. There's nothing wrong with letting her sleep in your bed, she won't stay there forever and at least you'll both get some sleep. :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 am

nappynutter wrote:She just wants to cuddle you. It's perfectly normal for her age and development. There's nothing wrong with letting her sleep in your bed, she won't stay there forever and at least you'll both get some sleep. :wink:

I agree, Megan is 3.5yrs and still gets into bed with us at some point in the night, we are realy comfortable with co-sleeping though and its never been an issue for us...I hope you find a way to get some sleep...

her sleeping from 7pm-8am from 8 weeks was a pretty good stroke of luck really...there are alot of children her age who dont sleep anywhere near that kind of routine...my son has never been anywhere near that kind of routine...niether was megan really...

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun May 09, 2010 10:14 am

thanks i guess ladies, i know it may sound so selfish me not wanting her too sleep with me but its the only time i get to myself, its just me and lou i cant pass her onto anyone for a break, last night she eventually went to bed at 1am with me, woke crying every hour and then was up at 6am, this has been the story for about 4 nights now, she is exhausted, crying constantly and doesnt know what to do with herself, i think she may be coming down with something today but not 100% just have to wait and see,

but she just doesnt seem to be able too sleep, i can settle her down she is happy enough, will start to doze off and then 10mins later wakes screaming and this continues all through the eve till i eventually give up and bring her in the frontroom with me, this also continues all through the night when she is enxt to me and the same story for her naps during the day, i have tried calpol, teething meds, extra milk bottles everything. nothing seems to be able to settle her

I know i will get comments for saying this but i need her too go too bed at a decent time, so i can only have a bit of time for me but also get the housework done, i cant really do anything during the day with her around as she is constantly clinging to my legs and it just gets silly with me trying to do dishes, washing, cook, ironing, tidying, cleaning etc etc

And i really need some sleep x

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 am

Tristan has never been a baby to sleep on his own (only in the pushchair and car seat), he has almost always co-slept and we get plenty of sleep most nights.

He has now got to the point where he can be put to sleep in our bed and will stay there till we come up (took a while to get there and for a while he just stayed up with us). But bedtimes are really relaxed for us now and thats how we like it ;)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun May 09, 2010 10:27 am

dans a pita to put to bed :-? I usually settle him in my bed and leave him in there while i go down. we have a gate at the top of the stairs and bed guards on our bed.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 am

Do you have a sling? You could do a back carry during the day when you want to get housework done and if she's awake she'll be entertained by whatever you're doing (babies and toddler love to watch grown ups from adult height) and if she's tired she'll fall asleep cuddled up to you.

This works great for me during the day (I have a business to run, housework to do and 6 children to look after (5 of which are home educated). DH (if he's not working) has DS2 in the evening, cuddled up on his shoulder or I have him in a sling and then he comes to bed with us.

Whatever is upsetting her, being close to you is going to help a lot and it won't last forever.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun May 09, 2010 10:50 am

Wow well done you, dnt think i could cope lol!

I have a meitei well two actually and she refuses to be in them if i at home will happily stay in it all day if im out but at home she just wont, she will cry and scream and force her way outta it, which scares the life outta me,

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun May 09, 2010 11:09 am

With the clingyness during the day, I find that if I set out some things that they're not normally allowed to play with out in the kitchen. Like a washing up bowl, utensils, pans and packets. Anything they can't break, they're more than entertained for long enough to give me time to wash up, load the machine and prepare dinner etc.

Noah sets it all up now, and gives Poppy her things to play with to.

With the sleeping, maybe forgo your time just for a little while whilst she's unsettled, lay down with her etc until she's more secure in herself. I've had to do this with each if mine When they were about the same age. Noah used to fall alseep holding my hand and Poppy sleeps in our room in her cot and will do until she sleeps through for a while.

I hope you find something that works for you, it's hard work being on your own. :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler