hf1

Please tell me this is a phase x

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Please tell me this is a phase x

Postby weefywoo » Sun May 09, 2010 11:15 am

emmalala wrote:dans a pita to put to bed :-? I usually settle him in my bed and leave him in there while i go down. we have a gate at the top of the stairs and bed guards on our bed.

Same here ... Except I have to wait while Aoife falls asleep .... She does go into her own bed when we go up BUT her bed is a single right next to my bed so in effect she is in our bed all night

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun May 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Grace is like this at the moment somewhat and it's partly wanting cuddles but she's often very cold at night and she being in bed with me is nice and cosy :)
If it's teething related a dose of calpol helps her be more comfortable and sleep better too :)

It won't last for ever though :hug:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue May 11, 2010 1:52 pm

I dont know if your breast or bottle feeding but as far as I've ever known breast fed babies rarely sleep through the night at these young ages and often bottle fed babies struggle with this too, shes only 8 weeks old and going that long at night was very lucky, dont be too worried about bringing her into bed with you, that is the only way i get any sleep at the mo as my lo (4.5 months) is having a phase of waking every 2 hours and before that she only ever went 5 hours at the very most, i think you will both be better off if she comes into bed with you, it helps with bonding too just make sure you let your partner know shes there and you arent drowsy for any reason (like the guidelines say) I took a while to get used to her being in the bed with us, it was sort of an accident that i fell asleep feeding her laying down but now i find it easier we both pass out during a feed, i normaly feel a lot better for it in the morning too :D

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler