waking at night & teething

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

waking at night & teething

Postby smilinglou » Tue May 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Today I found the tips of two teeth poking through Lily's bottom gums :wine:
I thought she had a cold yesterday and she's been waking every hour to two hours the last 2 weeks, it's really starting to drain me but now I've seen the teeth I'm wondering if it could be causing the waking at night? I took her teething necklace off about 3 weeks ago as I didnt feel she needed it (perfect timing Mum). She's been dribbling more & today and yesterday she's been really grizzly and really hard to put down to sleep. I thought the last few weeks were all down to hunger as she grabs at food & cries when I remove it :-? and weighs 16lb 5 (shes 4.5 months) and she now has baby rice twice a day which she seems better for, but only sleeps a little longer, I've tried calpol as I thought she was feeling groggy from the 'cold' which did very little but just now she literally passed out in my arms which she never does & was very quick from awake to deep sleep so shes obviously shattered.
Could the teething be keeping her awake, she feeds everytime she wakes up and doesnt seem in pain or ill just wide awake :roll: she has a little baby rice about 2 hours before bed which wasnt for sleep reasons but hunger (the health visitor actualy said I should give her a bottle of formula :roll: but thats a different story)
Any thoughts for a sleep deprived lady, I was spoilt with 5 hours for so long :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: waking at night & teething

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry no advice, but I feel your pain. I had 4 hours last night which has been pretty standard for the last few weeks. I turned into a evil bitch :giggle:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: waking at night & teething

Postby smilinglou » Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

:giggle: lmao i think im the same dh gets an earful in the mornings :roll:

Return to Baby and Toddler