hf1

Sleep

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Sleep

Postby Fayesmum » Sun May 16, 2010 11:35 am

Faye has never slept particularly well but its been manageable. However this week she has decided to wake at midnight screaming, I go in and :bf: but because she is tired she falls asleep feeding and then as soon as I put her back into her own bed, she kicks off as soon as her bum hits the mattress :shock: I think every night this week she has been in with us from around 1-2 am after an hour or so of trying settle her in the cot. This morning at 4am Dh decided to try and get her back into her bed, cue more hysterical screaming, then I was woken at 6 with her pulling my hair and sticking fingers up my nose so more :bf: and tried again to get her into her own bed but didn't last 15 minutes :(

I'm absolutely knackered!! And worried about her cause I'm concerned she isn't getting enough sleep. I don't know what to do, I'm waiting for the toddler version of the 'no cry solution' from my LLL leader. She tends to be quite good to go to sleep, but even last night it was a battle for about 40 minutes. We tend to find sleep during the day and food enhances better sleep for her at night, but nothing has changed this week :-? At 18 months she is still having 2-2.5 hrs in one block, thats the only nap she has and its after lunch.

Not only is this killing me but Dh is suffering as well :( Please don't reply with suggestions for Controlled Crying because it's not our thing

TIA x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Sleep

Postby beck » Sun May 16, 2010 11:47 am

Could she maybe have an ear infection? they seem to get worse at night.

Would she take a bottle of EBM from DH? Maybe giving her a huge feed a half hr before bed.

Maybe moving her nap time to earlier in the day, William has a terrible night sleep if he sleeps after 1pm. I put him down usually about 10.30-11 and then his has lunch when we wakes.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sun May 16, 2010 11:53 am

beck wrote:Could she maybe have an ear infection? they seem to get worse at night.

Would she take a bottle of EBM from DH? Maybe giving her a huge feed a half hr before bed.

Maybe moving her nap time to earlier in the day, William has a terrible night sleep if he sleeps after 1pm. I put him down usually about 10.30-11 and then his has lunch when we wakes.

I'm full of cold and shes picked that up, but she isn't too bad for the moment.... I've tried getting her to nap earlier and she won't do it, yesterday she managed 20 minutes which is really bad for her during the day :( and wouldn't eat either lunch beforehand or afterwards she was so worked up. She has a bowl of porridge before bed with cows milk and then she'll have a boob feed after her bath, in her room which is darkened and then I put her down

ETA Could her nappies be causing this much disruption? I'm not noticing leaks and although the nappy is soaked on the outside, the wool is ok and nothing smells of wee

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 pm

:hug: What time does she go to bed? It could be that her cold is unsettling her I guess. Does she usually settle OK after her porridge or BF? Maybe some babies can't settle when they're too full :-?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Shaunie, she always settles pretty easily on porridge and :bf: we have noticed a slight difference for the better when shes fuller

Last night though she slept till 5am before her first :bf: which is fantastic I can cope with that!!! and then she was awake around 7.30 so hopefully last week was a blip and we can get back to normal.... no idea what the matter was though :-?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:17 pm

glad last night was better for you, and hope tonight will be too... x

Return to Baby and Toddler