hf1

Car seat troubles

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Car seat troubles

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:53 pm

I bought a lock-tite (I think it was anyway) clip to go round the buggy straps when Katie was espcaing from them - it was for car seats and wouldn't actually fit on the buggy. You are welcome to it - if you pm me your address I will dig it out for you.

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:49 pm

We've had this problem with Rebecca. On numerous occasions I've had to stop the car on a busy A road to put her back in her car seat. She's so skinny she can worm her way out! Once she was hanging out of the seat with her legs caught in the straps and head almost on the floor :shock: . I've given her a telling off each time (a firm 'NO') and she was furious. It seems to have done the trick as she's not tried it for a few months. I wasn't sure if I should use anything (as it delays getting them out in case of an accident), but I did once tie the chest straps with a scarf and that seemed to work temporarily.

Sue

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:43 am

they all sound like useful gadgets. I was wondering also whether you could resort to distraction, in the form of one of those groovy looking folding tables for art work. maybe if she was busy scribbling she might forget about the straps..?

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 pm

babyroo wrote:I bought a lock-tite (I think it was anyway) clip to go round the buggy straps when Katie was espcaing from them - it was for car seats and wouldn't actually fit on the buggy. You are welcome to it - if you pm me your address I will dig it out for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I have just googled lock-tite to see it but it says it is not to be used with car seats :?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:53 pm

ericaj1 wrote:Buy a hugit
http://www.hug-it.co.uk/

I find this online for my friend after her toddler was getting out of the straps all the time. She heartily recommends it.

Would be ideal for us too as Evie sometimes does this too, drives me mad! Sold out of them though Erica when i clicked on it.....will look at the toys r us site now to see if they do them over here!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:19 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:
babyroo wrote:I bought a lock-tite (I think it was anyway) clip to go round the buggy straps when Katie was espcaing from them - it was for car seats and wouldn't actually fit on the buggy. You are welcome to it - if you pm me your address I will dig it out for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I have just googled lock-tite to see it but it says it is not to be used with car seats :?

It must be called something else then cos it was specifically for car seats :? :? I'll see if I can find it in the morning.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler