hf1

1st Shoes

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

1st Shoes

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Dh took nathany today to be measured in clarks and john lewis.he is 4.5g one foot and almost a 5g on the other!!
The clarks lady recommended getting cruisers for him but he's walking more and more and will do one side of the room to the other but hasn't walked outside yet.when did you get your lo's 1st pair of hard bottomed shoes?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Re: 1st Shoes

Postby JabberJabber » Thu May 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi, Oliver is a 3.5g at the moment (14 months) and walks pretty much all the time now, inside and out. We are still on cruisers as we bought them just days before he started to walk and at £22 I didn't want to waste money.

The next one we will get will be hard bottomed ones, as long as Clarks have them. We've had problems getting the walkers in 3.5, although I know now you can order them online to be delivered to a particular shop.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Imogen has been walking since december, we got her cruisers and she is still in the same pair as her feet have not grown :giggle:
I'm going to wait until the weather gets cold again for hard bottomed shoes as the cruisers are fine atm plus as pp said I'm going to get as much use out of these as I can
Last edited by weefywoo on Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Gracie got her first pair of out door shoes as soon as she started walking. What about Doodles, they are soft so not as ridged as hard leather, saying that most of the boys ones are fairly soft. I would just go for a soft ish pair of outdoor shoes x

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Thu May 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Last edited by ebonina on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu May 27, 2010 3:34 pm

I would go for cruisers. :shock: at his size, Katie is only just a 6 (5.5 on one foot still).

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu May 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Riley's physio said that they don't need proper shoes until they have been walking independently outside and confidently for at least 4 weeks.

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Thu May 27, 2010 3:41 pm

DS starting walking before his 1st birthday and he got his first Clarks shoes shortly after his birthday. He was a 5G :shock: and we got cruisers. They were fine for when he was walking outside and in the garden as they were rubber soled and the sole came up over the front of the shoe slightly so they didn't get scuffed! He also got doodles at the same time so we just alternated between the two. A year later he is a 7.5F :shock: and has cost us a small fortune in footwear!!! :giggle:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:38 pm

I'd stick with cruisers as they're a bit more flexible on the feet and they're cheaper (and I think cuter! :) )

Shoes are a nightmare with Ryan. His first pair at 11 months was a 5H and we're already on the 2nd pair as he grew out of them in 6wks, and it took 3 shops to find one wide enough. Having no luck getting sandals as they're all too narrow....

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler