hf1

Screaming!!!

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Screaming!!!

Postby tracedw » Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 pm

Just need to share this and perhaps get some advice.
Conan has started to scream ,well it that glass shattering,ear drum bleeding high pitched shreek, and it seems to be a lot of the time. I know its a way of communicating and it does seem to be when he wants something , has dropped something or has something taken away but its very wearing.
In fact DH cant cope with it and has been in his office/cave most of the weekend.
Its so bad that i feel i cant take him out much at the moment cos people just tense up and stare at him, we went to lunch today to a friends house for the first time and he just screamed all the way through lunch, its not a in pain scream just a frustrated one.
Any advice please, even to say its a phase(which i know it is).

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Screaming!!!

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 31, 2010 8:51 pm

It is just a phase, he will be doing it to communicate and to air his frustration at not being able to communicate iykwim
Gracie doesn't really talk and will shriek if she drops something, has to come in when she doesn't want to etc
:hug: :hug:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Mon May 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Kirstyh wrote:It is just a phase, he will be doing it to communicate and to air his frustration at not being able to communicate iykwim
Gracie doesn't really talk and will shriek if she drops something, has to come in when she doesn't want to etc
:hug: :hug:

Yes, WSS. Another phase Kerr is going through too :hug:

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Mon May 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Brandon went through the screaming phase but he's got a lot better lately (well apart from when his brother annoys him :roll: )

It will get better :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 pm

:hug: that sounds really tough. Have you thought about trying any baby sign to try and help Conan communicate in a different way?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 31, 2010 9:00 pm

JabberJabber wrote::hug: that sounds really tough. Have you thought about trying any baby sign to try and help Conan communicate in a different way?

Good idea, Gracie knows a few signs, just the basics, please/thank you, milk, toilet, sleep, book etc but she does use them x

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 pm

We have this too (so nice not to feel alone!) Evan screams at his brothers though if the annoy him etc he hasnt attempted it in public yet, he does it out of frustration with them, hhmmmmm who says its the terrible twos..these onies are giving them a run for there money!!!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:26 pm

:hug: Max has been doing this all day and its driving me potty :x :x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Amelie is doing it too. She roars at me when she wants anything & gets so frustrated. It goes right through me too.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler