Heat! - and not coping.....

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Heat! - and not coping.....

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Dexter doesn't seem to be coping to well with the heat :cry:

every hot day ends up in his top half and face covered in rashes ( his legs are normally fine) bad sleeping and itching

- TBH mainly when he has been with his dad or others.... when I have had him don't know if its a case that we stay more in the shade... or that I'll strip him down just to his nappy no top nothing.....

Any suggestions? - or ideas on the most breathable material? x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Heat! - and not coping.....

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:58 pm

It sounds like to could be a heat rash, possible just mention to who-ever is looking after him to strip him down, lots to drink etc etc just a gentle reminder am sure they probs just forget, we are always told to keep little ones covered up due to the sun but then it can be easily forgotton how quickly they can overheat xxx

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 pm

We are having the same problem with Caleb, he keeps scratching and scratching and has a heat rash and today he had a nappy on! He is fine one minute then the next he is just holding his head and getting more and more agitated. I had beakers of water in every room today by the time he went to bed :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Are they putting a different sunscreen on him?

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:17 am

no - I have used sun screen on him with no problems -

he does have eczema and we get two days from the heat rash and then that causes he's eczema to flare up :roll:

Can't think what thy could be doing thats so different to me... unless it just is that I keep him out of the sun more?

Return to Baby and Toddler