hf1

Worried about Faye :(

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Worried about Faye :(

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 am

I don't know if I'm just worrying over nothing and this is a phase or if something is wrong...

She has barely eaten a thing this wk at mealtimes, every cooked meal has gone on the floor. Yesterday I offered Tuna sandwhiches thinking she would help herself and not have to bother with a spoon/fingers, she had a nibble and started chucking it over the side :-? She will feed herself with a spoon if we guide her, but she hasn't quite got the spoon to the bowl and back to her mouth yet, so she prefers using her fingers.

Is this a fussy stage she is going through? She has a snack in the morning 10.30ish, lunch at 12 and second snack after her nap around 3pm. She has dinner between 5-5.30. Breakfast is fine, it's as though she fills up on that and then isn't hungry for the rest of the day...

And the other thing is her sleep, she still isn't sleeping well at night, though were not up for the day at 6am anymore... She was awake at 9am and since about half 10 she has been ready to go back to bed but if I put her there she won't sleep :( She is on the sofa cuddling her blankie and looking tired :-?

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Worried about Faye :(

Postby jasmine b » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:03 am

fin does the same with his food sometimes - he'll just decide to stop eating very much for a while. is she still taking her milk or other fluids?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah she is happy to accept :bf: and water, I know she isn't going to starve or anything... but we've gone from a child who bangs her fists on her highchair tray and squeals in excitement when she sees her meals to someone who isn't really all that fussed :-?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 am

is she teething or has she been ill lately? sometimes that can put them off for a while

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 am

sorry i dont know how old faye is, but she could be teething? what are her nappies like?

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 am

R has just been like this. Until her 12m jabs she was eating loads of solids and I had to offer breast milk during the day. She had a week of hardly eating or drinking anything and even now she hardly has any solids but bf loads. I suspect she is teething too.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:41 am

I think she could be getting teeth, we've spotted a couple of new ones... her nappies have been foul, really acid'y as if shes been eating lemons or something. To be honest though she has never really gone off food before whilst getting teeth, teeth have affected her in other ways e.g snotty noses leading to a chest infection and course of antibiotics :-?

I gave her half a buttered toasted teacake at lunch, she ate half of it :(

ETA She is 18 months and yesterday I took her for the MMR, though it's not that cause this has been going on all week

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:45 am

I really wouldn't worry too much at this stage. Kerr is much the same just now but I know it's just a phase. She will start eating again when she feels like it. Only thing I would suggest is not to make an issue of it with her. :hug:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 am

Scotia wrote: Only thing I would suggest is not to make an issue of it with her. :hug:

No we haven't, even when she throws food over the side and the dog comes over and cleans up which drives me nuts :x but no I haven't made a big deal out of it.

If' it's a stage she'll grow out of than I can live with it :)

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler