hf1

Cruisers???

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Cruisers???

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 pm

My mum has been talking to someone today at her work and they've suggested Faye might need cruisers, only I've not really come across them....

She is standing more and more (but not walking along), pulling herself to stand on occasion and taking steps if she holds our fingers. The main way she gets about is bum shuffling, she is very quick and it seems this is the reason why she isnt walking at 19 months. Her feet curl outwards though cause she is using them to get around and when she stands she is standing on the outsides of her feet. The Hv has seen her doing it she has said it's nothing to be concerned about, so I'm not worried about that bit but am wondering if something with more support would help her stand properly and help her to walk?

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cruisers???

Postby jan3182001 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 am

cruisers are a recent thing - generally until your lo is walking outside they dont need shoes.
however i did get them for my youngest 2 because they were at a lot of toddler groups so it helped on slippy wooden floors and when other toddlers were near offered some protection for their toes.
ds3 though wouldnt then stand or anything for 2 weeks afterwards after having them on for a couple of hours

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:14 am

Humm, I don't think I would bother TBH, I think they are good for when lo starts walking or is on the very verge of walking. If you want them though Clarks do them, they are just really soft leather.
Shoes on babies is a bit of a bug bare of mine :oops: it annoys me to see very little kiddies with their feet rammed into designer trainers etc just for fashion sake, they are usually too narrow for little feet, and Ugg style boots are sooo bad for little feet and ankles.
Sorry mini rant there but basically there is no real need for them atm but you won't be doing any harm buy getting some so long as they are properly fitted :wink:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:17 am

Elsie has a pair of shoes as she insists on 'walking' when we're out (this consists of holding hands & attempting, throwing herself on the floor cos she can't keep up & having a tantrum!!!! :roll: )

Kai had shoes too from teeny as was walking at 11mths...

They are stupid price though & tbh unless i knew my lo's feet were gonna grow as slow as they do, i'm not sure i'd have bothered til i really had to.... :-?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:30 am

I had a chat with Rileys physio about shoes etc, as I really don't see the need. She said that shoes are not needed until the baby has been walking confidently and independatly outside for at least 4 weeks. She also said that the soft leather shoes like slippers are enough until then as they only really need them to stop them slipping rather than for foot support.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 am

i tried to get some for oscar when we went to aus because i didn't want him walking up the plane aisle with nothing on - clarks refused to sell them because he wasn't quite walking independently, and they said wait 4 weeks after starting walking. can't believe someone at clarks said the right thing :shock:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:40 am

I wouldnt bother with the cruisers tbh...they are about £18 and i just think they are a money making thing...untill a child can walk properly i think they are fine in socks/bare foot etc...Kieren was cruising and wanted to do it outside so i bought some cheap soft soled shoes (like shoo shoo's) from ebay and let him wear those outside...yes it wrecked them but they were only £6 :wink:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 am

pippa's on her 2nd pair of cruisers, she's been walking holding our hands since 6 months, and often wants to walk outside and i was worried that pram shoes wouldn't protect her feet if she stood on anything. tbh her first pair got worn a couple of times, but this pair has given her the confidence to walk on her own and she's worn them loads, she was just starting to walk on her own when we got them, and i didn't want to buy her proper walkers while she was still learning, but she walked out of the shop in them and hasn't stopped since. I do think there useful for that in between stage but they are so expensive it's worth holding of if you can or finding a clarks outlet
xx

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks girls, I don't think I'll bother then... I wasn't sure anyway because we have a Hush Puppy stockist in the village and they said absolutely nothing except soft leather until she is on her feet properly (but this is going back a few months).... Just seems more pressure to get her walking as well, I can't help but feel she will when she is ready despite being desperate myself for her to be toddling around

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler