hf1

Toddler weights

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Toddler weights

Postby sueeltringham » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:21 pm

This is a bone of contention of mine! Rebecca started out on 100th centile, rose slightly above and from 5 months dropped down to the bottom of the chart (and hence was referred by GP and HV). She was weighed at her consultant check last week and is doing well on the 9th centile, 23lbs. She eats loads is really active and I've never been worried about her (apart from her reactions to food).

Sue

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:25 am

beck wrote:Where does your child sit in the centile? How do you feel about it?

No idea and I don't care one jot.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:34 am

I read somewhere recently that up until around 4-6months of age the LO's centile is largely determined by the birth weight which depends in part on Mum's nutrition in pregnancy, but after that it's about their genetics - hence some babies born low and then stay high and vice versa :)

e.g. Isabelle was born on 25th approx (having checked yesterday!) but was prem - and now she sits comfortably half way between 75th and 91st...

I think that's it - as long as they're healthy and happy it doesn't really matter :)

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 am

I have no idea where lily sits but I know when we last got her weighed she was lucky to even make the bottom of the chart! She was a healthy weight born but has always been below average for her weight and height (although perfectly proportioned for both). I always, always get people saying how tiny she is and it's frustrating :x :x . She eats like a little piggy and last time I weighed her she was just barely making 10kg. I was the same at her age and I'm still only 5 foot and only just went over 50kg in the last four years. I think we all worry too much about these things and I agree with everyone in saying that if they are happy and healthy then there is no need to worry.

Sam xx

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:13 am

Haven't a clue, he does get weighed and checked at hospital when we see the dietician but we've not been for yonks and I can't say I'm too fussed what the charts say, I think you know if your lo is healthy and thriving.

He was above the 95th when he was born the big monster.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler