hf1

This heat and sleep

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

This heat and sleep

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Is the heat affecting your lo's sleep at night? It never used to affect Nathan at all but last night was awful. He must have been up every 1.5/2 hours,he was even sleepwalking at one point :shock: . He had no nap yesterday either (which he does do as he's in the process of cutting it out). I wondered if it was the heat :-? He has napped today,unsurprisingly,but it has taken him a LOT longer than normal to go to sleep (if he is alseep by now). He's usually so good. His bedroom is 29 degrees at the moment so it's stifiling up there.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: This heat and sleep

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Our room was 29 last night too but i had the fan on all night which cooled it down nicely.nathan had a t shirt and soaker on and slept better than usual which surprised me.i've got the fan on tonight too.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53 pm

It's awful itsn't it :( Evie's room is 27 degrees, and she has had her window open so wide since about 4 when the sun had gone form the garden, and has a fan aimed at her, still not making much difference. Last night they both slept as they normally do though :-? I'm useless in the heat, have stayed out of the sun quite a bit these last few days, can't be chewed with it :roll:
Let's hope all LO's sleep soundly tonight :wink: :hug:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 pm

I find that Oliver takes longer to go to sleep in the heat. I'll be looking forward to it being cooler soon. It's hitting 29 degrees in his room.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Oscar was exactly the same. :( Probably why I ahve been ratty all day :evil:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

just putting honey up in a vest and nappy, the kids rooms are ok as they have blinds so quite cool and we can open the windows to get a good breeze but our room is at the top of the house and is roasting :shock:
Honey likes sleeping with me but I have to keep taking her back to her bed in the night as my room is tooo hot for her :( but she doesn't seem to mind hoping she sleeps thru tonight tho,
but she is much more grumpy than normal :(

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

The heat is ridiculous isn't it!
Poor Rufus' room was 30c an hour before he went to bed last night so DH went on a mad dash trying to get a fan before everywhere closed, thankfully B&Q had some! Didn't cool it down much so he went to bed in just his NN & Wrap but he was an hour later going to sleep bbless him, tonight is a bit better have had the window wide open since he got up at 7am & the curtains have stayed closed til about 6pm to keep the sun out.

Hope all the LO's sleep better tonight!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm lucky because the front of our house (where Martha sleeps) is North facing so stays cool pretty much all day. Poor Ollie gets the heat because he's at the back over looking the garden but he is old enough to be able to cool himself down. He used to be really affected by the heat but there really is nothing you can do. Another reason I hate summer. :(

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm

:hug: poor little LOs! This heat does take it out of them :( Max has been ok so far and like most other LOs has been going to sleep with just light PJs and a fan going in his room. I also keep the curtains pulled to during the day to keep the glare of the sun out of his room and have all the windows open. Trouble is we have to shut our back windows around 6pm other wise we have mozzies coming in and then he gets bitten :evil:

I'm not sleeping well tho and keep waking up and sleeping lightly. I've kicked the duvet off nights ago. DH wraps himself up in it tho :shock: :shock: why. Its too hot :shock: Our bedroom is North facing and so cooler but Max is at the front of the house. Luckily we live in a built up area and so the period when the sun comes thru the window is limited .

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler