bites and stings under 2 years of age

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

bites and stings under 2 years of age

Postby jennyclaire » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Hope this is in the right place.

I'm going camping where I know there's a lot of wasps plus other insecty type things. I have 2 kids under 2 years and there are 2 other kids under 2. Do any of you know what i can use on these for insect repellent and also if they get bitten or stung? The only things available are for over 2 years of age....thanks

My avatar
clevercuttlefish
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: bites and stings under 2 years of age

Postby clevercuttlefish » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:56 pm

I use avon's skin so soft dry oil spray as an insect repellant on my 2 (5 and 20 months). It's great against mozzies. If either of them do get bitten - when I've forgotten to put in on them :oops: , then I use an anithistamine cream on the bites. If they're pretty bad then I put ice on the bites first, then the cream.

You could also keep their arms and legs covered especially at dawn and dusk - although the mozzies here seem to bite all night long. Use mosquito nets over the sleeping area, burn citronella candles to repel the bugs.

Dd1 has been stung by a bee once and we removed the sting, washed where it had stung her, iced it and put antihistamine cream on - that sorted it out pretty quickly, of course she cried for an awfully long time :(

To be honest, if there were lots of wasps around, I'd go somewhere else!

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip,

Gail

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 pm

You can get this little ladybird thing that clips to prams or whatever & does something that repels bugs ... will try to find a link ...

ETA : It's the Princelionheart Love bug ... here for example, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/**NEW**-PRINCE-LI ... e1fd6eb64d

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 am

Thanks for your replies - very helpful :)

Return to Baby and Toddler