Co-Sleeping with Two

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Co-Sleeping with Two

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Heya,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on co-sleeping safely with two. Ethan is 22m, and Rory is 5m, and we're sleeping together in a super king sized bed. Normally I put Rory to sleep in his side-sleeper cot, but I'd like to do away with that shortly as he's getting so mobile that with no side between him and the actual bed, last night he'd wriggled across to be partially on the mattress/partially in the cot, and I didn't realise where he was until I actually turned over and felt his head! :shock: Luckily it's so hot that he wasn't actually under my covers as they'd been kicked down, but still...

Tonight they're both in the main bed, Ethan one side, Rory the other, and I've put pillows at Rory's feet (away from his head) and a bolster between them. Rory's about a foot and a half away from the bolster, but he still like to be swaddled, so I'm concerned that he might wriggle and Ethan could roll over onto him. Being swaddled he wouldn't easily be able to move away.

What do the rest of you do?

Sarah
x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Co-Sleeping with Two

Postby emmalala » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Dans a lot older at 19 months, so they sleep next to each other but before they were at either side of the bed with me in the middle and 2 bed guards at each side :giggle:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

I only sleep with 1 but have a cot with the side off on one side of the bed and i sleep in a king size bed.nathan usually sleeps with his feet in the cot be his head next to my hip at 90 degrees to me. If i had 2 i'd probably do the same but have a bed guard on the opposite side to the cot.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks. :D

When I'm in bed I'm always between them, but like tonight I've put them both down to sleep and have come back downstairs for a couple of hours. It'll mean running up and down to check on them both for DH... :giggle:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Between them is better for little babies. When they're older it doesn't matter.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 pm

dan and bailey seem to like snuggling each other :giggle: dan usually ends up putting his leg over bailey while bailey puts his hand on his head!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Watching ths thread with interest as I'd like to co-sleep with little boo from the start, but don't think Kacie is ready to be on her own. We only have a double bed and no way we can afford a new bed before December so I think I'll be kicking DH out and the 3 of us will share :giggle:

At the mo Kacie likes to sleep with her legs in her cot and her top half snuggled into me :D

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:46 pm

emmalala wrote:dan and bailey seem to like snuggling each other :giggle: dan usually ends up putting his leg over bailey while bailey puts his hand on his head!

That's so cute! :D

I guess while Rory likes to be swaddled it's best to keep them apart, but I suppose he's at an age now (or will be soon enough!) where if Ethan did land on him he'd let us know quite forcefully!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:39 pm

this is really interesting, I have pretty much stopped co-sleeping with DD now as I just don't sleep well with her in the bed next to me, but I'm impressed that anyone does it with two! I tend to curl up on my side facing DD - not sure how that would work with one either side of you? do you have to sleep flat on your back?

Return to Baby and Toddler