Moving rooms

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Moving rooms

Postby sim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Looking for some advice / opinions please :D

We are lucky to have a 3 bed house - 2 doubles and a single. Our bedroom and the single room are at the front of the house and the other bedroom is at the back. Ewan started out in the single room once we moved him out of our room and has slept well in there until this hot spell. The small room gets very stuffy overnight, even with the door open because we keep the window shut ( fools going past on the street wake Ewan up other wise :roll: ).

The back (double) room is currently our office / music room but about a week ago we moved Ewan's cot in there as he wasn't sleeping well in his room. DH wants to move him there permanently and put the office in the small room - partly cos of the temp, but also there is much less noise from outside (we have a backyard and 'field' behind the house (a real luxury in London!). However, he wants to move some of his toys etc in there too, which makes sense as the room is plenty large enough but I'm worried Ewan will be distracted by toys at going to bed time.

If the toys are put away each evening do you think this will be a problem? ( we have some Ikea trofast that would go in there)
Or should we sit out the hot weather and move him back to the small room once the hot weather goes?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Moving rooms

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 pm

if you have some where to store the toys then it could be fine. Gracie doesn't have any toys in her room apart from a few cuddlies on her bed as she would get up and play with them, even her little rocking horse has to come out :giggle:

I think I would be cautious about keep moving from room to room, if keeping him in the bigger room and moving the office to the smaller room suits you then I would just stick with it xx

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:48 pm

we live opposite a pub and had the same problem with noise waking fin so we bought an air con unit for our room (we co sleep) so we can keep the windows shut in summer- i keep all his toys in his room (that he doesnt sleep in) as i cant keep any toys in our room for him as he gets very distracted by them when were having his bed time story and can become quite hyper if he hets his hands on any toys :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 pm

charlotte moved to the big room when she was 2 and moved toys into her room. They were a bit of a distraction at first but we made it clear that it was bedtime not playtime. She now has a room full of toys and books which is good as she will get herself up in the morning and play. Ben has a smaller room so not as many toys but he has a few in there and loads of books but we use the same tack as with charlotte and it doesn't pose a problem.

Return to Baby and Toddler