hf1

Padded Cell

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Padded Cell

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Anyone else feel like they could do with a padded cell for their LO? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Today has been extremely trying in parts and it's bad I know but I couldn't wait for DH to get home, (he's upstairs with her now) and I can't wait for her to go to bed!

My back hurts from getting her out of mischief and her wanting to walk but then refusing...

Aargh!

She's lovely really I promise :mrgreen: and we've had some lovely parts to today too but OH my she can be trying! :roll:

I think sometimes she is just bored and then I feel like a bad mummy for not being able to entertain her more...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Padded Cell

Postby babyroo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:44 pm

YES!!!! Can I have two please?

I'm having a bad mummy day too :(

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:10 pm

or one of those giant hamster balls

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 pm

padded cell for me please, soundproofed too...

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 pm

I like the idea, it made me laugh Steph. But you shouldn't feel you're being a bad mum, you sound like a very caring, devoted mum to me. It's just a normal toddler hormonal thing. Liv is usually a treasure and has been so easy to look after since she was born, but in the last month she has discovered screaming and calling mummy incessantly, plus we've had a few of those cringeable moments in the garden centre and shops - flinging herself on the ground, running away and refusing to hold hands and one dreadful moment of throwing food at the pie and mash shop with great nanny - well can hardly blame her with that, it's probably safer than eating it, LOL!
I tend to ignore it as much as possible. I am reading a very good childcare book called the Rules of Parenting (it's not about rules really though, but more trusting your instinct). The writer suggests hiding from your children in a cupboard when they really get on your nerves! :P

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 pm

my mum just bought me a book called 'how to con your kids'
i have been enjoying it, for every problem there is a long term solution, but also a quite fix for when you really cant be arsed!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:26 pm

JennyWren wrote:I tend to ignore it as much as possible. I am reading a very good childcare book called the Rules of Parenting (it's not about rules really though, but more trusting your instinct). The writer suggests hiding from your children in a cupboard when they really get on your nerves! :P

Now that sounds like a good idea! :lol: :lol: :lol: I really could have done with somewhere to hide from Ryan today, he has been awful.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:10 am

I'll have one too pretty please with a cherry on top.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:08 pm

I think we all need one of those at times, think i could get some use out of one too, if it had those foam shapes to chuck around at the end of a bad day. I have have a feeling thats why i love my martial arts so much, it's a good frustration vent at the end of the day :lol:

Return to Baby and Toddler