hf1

Discipline

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Discipline

Postby beck » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Who does (or will) do most of the disciplining? Or is it 50/50.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Discipline

Postby Shevi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:21 pm

90% me......David tries occasionally when he's about...but i suppose i am scarier!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:27 pm

I would say its more me too, simply because I'm at home with them and DH is at work. Also DH isnt very good at following through his 'threats' and gives too many warnings :roll:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Me 8-) But then when Ben is older / needs discipline I would have to say it will be 34% me, 33% daddy, 33% other children - oh yes they know the rules and tell each other off and discipline each other under my watchful eye :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Mostly me as I spend more time with the kiddies than hubby does.

jan x

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Depends what you mean by 'discipline' as we don't do punishments at all but we will go off on one at stuff that we don't like them doing, iyswim. Totally individual on a case-by-case basis depending what frame of mine we're all in.

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Usually me because I am with the kids more than DH, but we do present a united front with regard to what is ok/not. There have been times when I am at the end of my tether and threatened the old fashioned 'wait til your father gets home', which I loathe doing as I feel that I should be able to handle it all on my own, but it does seem to do the trick as DH can be scary (pretending to be of course)!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 am

trogette wrote:Depends what you mean by 'discipline' .

whatever you see as suitable discipline :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:47 am

I would say 50/50. Mark is better at it than me actually. He gets alot of practice at school and has a very good authoritative voice iykwim. He was the first one to try out the naughty step and we were both actually very surprised when it worked but that is our main "punishment" now.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler