hf1

Curious mommy what weight is your DD at 8 months

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Curious mommy what weight is your DD at 8 months

Postby MumOf1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 pm

pinkgirl wrote:My dd is 5 months and 20lb :shock: She was 9lb 7 at birth.

She's a right chunker - she just ripples with fat :giggle: She's breastfed and as its supposed to be impossible to overfeed a bf baby I'm not worried, and neither is her paediatrician or dietician (we see them because she's very allergic to dairy to the extent that she reacted to it in my diet) She's just crossed the 98th centile line.

Just been nosing at this thread. Very glad there's someone else here with a big girl!! My wee ones not yet 4 months and weighed in at 15 1/2 pound three weeks ago :shock: She was a big girl at birth (10 lb 2 1/2 and 57cm) and is now into 6-9 month clothes. I have some gorgeous outfits that she's never worn and now never will :cry:

My avatar
pinkgirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pinkgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I know what you mean about the unused outfits! DD outgrew her 0-3 month clothes so we bought her a load of lovely 3-6 month outfits and within a week we had to go shopping again for 6-9 months stuff!! We've learnt our lesson and now get most of her stuff off ebay. She's currently just about fitting into 9-12 month clothes but it'll only be a couple of weeks until she's in 12-18 month! Am really worried about getting nappies to fit in the future - she's already on the largest size wraps so I don't know what we're going to do???
A tip for you re clothes - mothercare sizing is generally quite generous compared with other shops.

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I already buy stuff on ebay but we got loads of pressies when she was born and most of it was 3-6 months. Unfortunately a lot of people had taken the tags off so I couldn't get them exchanged for a larger size. My mum's already had to give us clothes she had bought for Emily's Christmas as it isn't likely to fit her by then :shock: We got a couple of items from M&S and they're really good on sizing too.

I know what you mean about nappies. She's not chubby just very long but we're already in mediums and size 2s and I can't see them lasting too long at this rate. :x She's growing too quickly! :D Oh well an excuse to buy more nappies :lol: Just don't tell the hubby :giggle:

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 pm

i remember my son being 16 lb at 8 weeks. he did romp through the sizes. but they don't keep growing and growing at that rate. (unless they are actual giants!)

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Yeah well she'll hopefully slow down a bit, although I figure it's not so bad once they get to a year as the clothes cover a larger size range.

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 pm

i remember my son being in one year plus clothes age 4 months. but then he was still in them at age one year. and now age 3 and a bit, he's still in some 2-3 years stuff depending on the brand

My avatar
iceflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby iceflower » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Harriet was about 18.5 lb

shes now 76cm and 23lb at 15.5 months :) x

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Cara was about 18lb at 8mths
George is 18lb now at 4 1/2 mths so hes a chunk :giggle: Just growing out of his 3-6mth stuff having only been in them for a few wks & only got a few bits of 6-9mth stuff so need to go shopping!

George is also already in size large nappies cos nothing else fits around his fat thighs, & will soon be putting his smaller nappies on classifieds :cry:

My avatar
iceflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby iceflower » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:41 pm

chocmuffin max is the sme 3 months old and 14lb already! x

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler