Scaly skin on head

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Scaly skin on head

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi peeps,

Bella has grown what can only be called a really scaly patch on her head. It really does look like fish scales. I thought this was cradle cap, but it has only come up in the last week or so (never had anything like it before). I thought cradle cap usually appeared in much younger babies.

I have dermatitis on my scalp and I'm wondering if Bella is developing it as well.

What do you ladies think?

Thanks

Tanya

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Scaly skin on head

Postby Shevi » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:23 pm

boo had cradle cap up until nearly a year old...it would die down to almost nothing and then flair up in small scaly patches. i used a speacil shampoo to stop it getting worse and bothering him but nevcer bothered with constant oiling as he had lots of hair so i didn't care about the 'ickiness' side of it, as long as it wasn't bothering him!
i wish her little head better whatever it is!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi Tanya

One of my eldest had cradle cap and Mimi seems to have it too. Like Shevi said, I think it comes and goes. Mimi is having a little flare up now and she is 6.5 months. We use dentinox shampoo (from tesco or boots) and it clears it up fairly quickly.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:06 pm

Thanks ladies,

I will go get some cradle cap shampoo tomorrow, I need to go to Mothercare anyway to take some stuff back and get some more teats.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Isabelle still has some cradlecap now - it's not noticable as it's under her hair, but it doesn't bother her and you can't see it so we just leave it for now...

She gets upset if we try and mess with her hair too much so trying to get rid isn't worth it :lol:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:40 pm

Katie still has it now and she's two and a half. If it's not bothering her then I don't worry about it, shampoo never seemed to make much difference.

Return to Baby and Toddler