hf1

picky /light eaters

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

picky /light eaters

Postby fleur08 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:29 pm

has anyone got a lo who doesnt eat alot?
only asking as emmy has never been good with food -refused soilds till 12.5 months, then from there has been sooo difficult to feed,will go through fases of eating pasta-then refusing it for ages,same with spuds in all forms & fefuses to eat bread & similar products.

last night she had 1 chippolata, a couple of bits of carrot n broccoli, followed by 1 yoghurt.

today she had half a pasta pot for lunch as we were out, & the other half for dinner as she didnt want anything else.
realy not sure if shes just not a big eater or only eats enough to take the edge off her hunger ,if you know what i mean :-?

she has fruit inbetween meals & only has water to drink as she doesnt like flavoured things or milk :roll:

she got her 2 yr check on fri and is 24lb 10 oz -25th % on growth chart.
she used to be on the 75th for weight & is still on the 91st for height.

the hv wasnt concerned with her weight, im just peed off with her picking at her dinners!
what do you reakon?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: picky /light eaters

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Yep i have one of these - occassionally 2!!!

Elsie had a good day today & ate all her dinner, Kai (4yr old) had some peas & broccoli for dinner!!! Other than that 1 1/2 weetabix, a few organix cookies, half a peanut butter sarnie & a bit of cheese!!

He's 29lbs at 4....

Kai never ate either- refused anything but rice cakes & rusk.... Would then only eat plain pasta & tbh has NO interest in food what so ever!!!

If she's bouncy, bright & healthy- i'd say her weight is fine... :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Both mine can be like that really...now Kieren is into feeding himself im not sure that he actually gets anything where its meant to be :-? but he is getting there...some days he will eat like a horse...others he wont touch a thing...

megan on the other hand is just consistently picky/fussy and a small eater...she can go some days having only eaten bread and butter and maybe a biscuit...

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Nathan eats like that and has always been a light eater tbh. He will *usually* eat a good dose of cereal for brekkie and then a snack mid morning. He will pick at his lunch (take filling out of sandwich and eat it,yoghurt,fruit if I am lucky maybe a treat if we are out). No snack in the afternoon and tea he usually eats all or most of his meat or fish and picks at the rest the yoghurt/fruit after. If he has been really well behaved he can have a biscuit or something if he wants it. Sometimes he asks to get down after his main. Tonight he picked at his veg and had a squeezy yoghurt. I'm sure he'll eat breakfast brilliantly tomorrow :wink:

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:42 am

cheers, thats made me feel a lot better!
just wasnt sure if there was anything i could do to improve things,guess it looks like she doesnt need/want alot of food - total opposite of her brother who is constantly hungry & still as skinny as a rake :roll:

Return to Baby and Toddler